blue Veiled??

blood4eva69

ok my baby veiled is getting a light soft shade of blue with his shade of green is that normal..???

i noticed this shade of blue today... anyone please help???

any help would be appreciate it...:)

Last edited:
Can you post a picture?
The thing is, no two veileds are the same and color variances are normal.
There is a turquoise veiled that is very blue but I think you would have noticed a difference sooner....maybe not. How old?

-Brad

It's certainly quite possible that you have a turquoise.
Only time will tell:)
Go to my Kitty blog and on the right where I have links click acme critters.
At that site go to chameleons. He has pics of turqouis veileds.

-Brad

Last edited:
I agree 100% with what Brad has been saying. These guys have massive color variations regardless of the parents make up. This first picture is after my male shed for the first time in my care. Before then he was showing strictly blue stripes.
3.5 month old Osama
With time he shows no blue now.
View attachment 11

Attachments

• osama10m 004.jpg
    osama10m 004.jpg
    167.9 KB · Views: 291
Blue is surely possible. We have 4 babies from our mating pair and one of the males is showing lavender and purple when bullying the others. He has been moved into his own enclosure now so as not to stress the others. I will post a pic asap of the Purple Prince!

my baby female is a "blue" veiled.
the breeder i bought her from told me she was a blue veiled.

I disagree with the whole veiled morph thing. I do believe that beautiful parents will give off beautiful offspring, but it seems to me like there is waaaay to much variation in the offspring to call them morphs. But alas, there's marketing for you.

I haven't looked into the European Veiled breedings, but apparently, they are the closest to having produced sustainable "morphs". Aside from Translucent and Hypermelanistic veileds- which I still think would look wacky if crossbred!

Last edited:
I disagree with the whole veiled morph thing. I do believe that beautiful parents will give off beautiful offspring, but it seems to me like there is waaaay to much variation in the offspring to call them morphs. But alas, there's marketing for you.

True, it really is a crap shoot. And i don't think that bloodlines have been isolated enough to call them 'Morphs'.

EDIT: Let me elaborate on my thought. The different locales of Panthers are 'Morphs' because they were seperated for long enough to form specific color lines without having other locales interbreed with them. Mostly because each locale is on a different island. Veilds on the other hand, were really never distinguished between and have been interbred throughout their locales. My guess would be that the colors that appear are indeed a recesive gene that shows itself in certain individuals. And the fact that individuals showing the 'Blue' color pattern have really no similarities between when they start to show the color, and how the color is distributed throughout the body, leading me to believe that these are isolated cases of recesive genes. But you can usually predict when panthers will start to show their colors compared to others of their locales.

Just my $0.02

Last edited:
the reason i bought her was because he said she was a "blue veiled" i never heard of it before . my 2 females have blue in them they look awesome when they show their blue colors . their blue looks different then the males blue the males look more aqua blue. i always figured it was because the girls have different bloodlines then the boys.

when shaky flares up hes yellow n purple with spots.
sometimes he flares up what people call sunburst with orange, red yellow.
the yellow n purple seem to show when hes mad.

if your gonna breed them they get a male and a female that got lots of purple n hope their babies will be more purple n you got a purple morph or blue morph etc. like when my babies hatch n grow i could call them a green morph because they got high green color.

Last edited:
You could call them anything, but it's all just marketing. Point is, they are all Veiled chameleons. Let photos of the Parents sell the offspring, not some marketing gimmick.

Back
Top Bottom