Blue jacksons

I have seen all blue Jacksons before they are rare to say the least. This was as close as I could get. Sorry about the pic It's old.

Attachments

• Jacksonii outsidii.JPG
    Jacksonii outsidii.JPG
    53.2 KB · Views: 303
I really hope that wasn't a photoshop job, i dont think it was because it would be difficult to create that. The picture you attached dean pulcini is very blue but no were near as much so as the other, is it only one specie of jacksons that turns blue or is it all of them?

Ben

The same Blue glow is apparent in many of the photos in the Gallery. He may be using a Gel cover on his falsh. Or maybe a filter on the lens.

Take a look at the branches in the ourangatang photo, and the face on the chimp, etc.

While they are bluish Jacksons, think it may be a little exagerated in this instance. Nice photos.

If I could upload photos, I would show you just how easy it is to change this blue cham back to green (or any other color combination you desire).

The red and magenta channels are virtually non-existent, the green appears to be severely tampered with (as in reduced unnaturally), and yet the cyan and blue channels remain very strong and clean. The channels hardly overlap as well, which tells us that they have been severely modified from their original form. The most obvious flaw (to the naked eye of the average viewer) is that the underside of the branch is glowing blue, which a very unnatural color for most flora.

Filters may have been used, but it would have been unnecessary to do so. A novice could have made (and did make) these changes in under 5 minutes digitally.

A blue color phase may well exist. but this photo's hue and saturation integrity have been completely ruined with over-editing; something you would most likely not want to do when photographing a super-rare blue jackson's chameleon. Since none of us have ever heard of a blue jackson's, and as this photo represents nothing more than the concept of a blue jackson's and is evidentially worthless, it is safe to say that this photo is, beyond all reasonable doubt, a fake.

To summarize with a quotation from Anonymous: "I can tell by some of the pixels and from seeing a number of shops in my time."

Stoic

Last edited:
regardless of whether its been tampered with or not, its an amazing picture. ive seen his book (its a coffee table size) and his work with macro is stunning. and whether the colouration is "accurate" or not, its still a damn cool shot. i like his pictures even if they aren't accurate discriptions of what i'm going to see in real life.

I really hope that wasn't a photoshop job, i dont think it was because it would be difficult to create that. The picture you attached dean pulcini is very blue but no were near as much so as the other, is it only one specie of jacksons that turns blue or is it all of them?

Ben

I am very proficient in Photoshop (cause it's my line of job).
I can safely say it was not difficult at all.

Back
Top Bottom