Bloody fecal, open vent on gravid

VeiledOwner87

i just checked on my veiled this morning, and there was what it appeared to be a blood clot type in her fecal today, urates are snow white. also her vent was pretruding outwards. im back and fourth with my vet today, but wont be able to see him. she has been gravid for God knows how long, and this realy worries me. could anybody give me some input while im waiting to go see the vet?

There's really nothing you can do until you go to see the vet, sorry. See if there is another vet in the area who can get you in tonight, possibly an emergency clinic?

yes kinyonga it is the same. i spoke to ontarios best animal hospital, but theyre like 4 hours away from me., and their surgery, hospital stay, and rehab is going to cost in the 1500$ range! im sorry but we do not have the type of money. im just going to continue to give it my best care untill the vet here can see me on monday. :( keep in your prayers guys. please. like shes all active and stuff, i just dont get it :( shes perfect colour, and drinks. her vent did go back to normal, nothing abnormal physically anymore. but again thats just physically. i hope shes ok

Who are you saying is the best animal hospital in Ontario?
I've never paid anywhere near that much yet.
I hope she's going to be okay until you can get her to the vets.

the university of Guelph. everywhere has recommended me there. my vet says he would do it, but for us to understand that hes never done a chameleon. hes done like iguanas and snakes spays. ughhh.
Kinyonga, where are you located in canada?

I've been to the OVC (U of G) many times and have never ended up paying that much....but I have never had a chameleon spayed either.

Back
Top Bottom