Blood...

extrajordinary

Established Member
I was doing some spot cleaning earlier today when I noticed some bright red blood in Leo’s cage. I checked him for injuries and he’s fine...but I can’t stop worrying about it. Any ideas as to what it could’ve been? I took two photos but this was after I’d cleaned it a little so this isn’t everything. His feces and urates are completely normal and he’s eating normally, much more than he was the first week I had him. He’s eating 10-15 crickets daily, and several BSFL. He’s hydrated and active.

Attachments

• 6B8FD98B-D679-4211-AF4C-2C89C901A00F.jpeg
    6B8FD98B-D679-4211-AF4C-2C89C901A00F.jpeg
    119 KB · Views: 98
  • FB002D60-E179-44DB-9AD1-692FBFE7DC93.jpeg
    FB002D60-E179-44DB-9AD1-692FBFE7DC93.jpeg
    139.7 KB · Views: 101
well since the blood is in the water I can only assume its his mouth... I'm also very lost but it may be an injury from something like a feeder maybe??? I have no idea

well since the blood is in the water I can only assume its his mouth... I'm also very lost but it may be an injury from something like a feeder maybe??? I have no idea
The water is because I had poured some water in the tub to rinse it out. Then I noticed the blood. Could it be related to sperm plugs somehow?

I was doing some spot cleaning earlier today when I noticed some bright red blood in Leo’s cage. I checked him for injuries and he’s fine...but I can’t stop worrying about it. Any ideas as to what it could’ve been? I took two photos but this was after I’d cleaned it a little so this isn’t everything. His feces and urates are completely normal and he’s eating normally, much more than he was the first week I had him. He’s eating 10-15 crickets daily, and several BSFL. He’s hydrated and active.
There was a calcium or vitamin powder i used a couple of yrs ago. I cant remember what brand. But when water touched it it would turn an orange/red. Dang I wish I could remeber what brand it was. But id check that.

Could be a tongue injury. Check the bottom of the plant stand for any burrs, same thing with plastic items. Could be end of floral wire, or a sharp edge on a zip tie. We had a ceramic decoration in our bearded tank, made for reptiles... I cut my hand open on a hidden sharp edge on the underside.

Could he have stretched or ripped part of his vent when pooping, maybe? Has he taken a giant poop recently?

Back
Top Bottom