Bloated?

Tera_R

Established Member
So I fed fig and he did eat quite a lot but I’ve never seen him really get bloated after eating but he looks a lot bigger than normal so I was wondering if it cause for concern I haven’t seen any poop but sometimes it’s hard to find. When he is extended he still has a bit of a gut.
1954E4A0-FF11-42AC-8B91-BCFD8A43E853.jpeg
1FE63A6F-C467-420B-AC3F-72B0733ED444.jpeg

What did you feed him, and what did you gutload it with?
I’m thinking he may have just been puffed he does that sometimes if I walk past his cage too fast he seems okay today I’m not sure if he has just gained weight or if he is bloated

Dangerous fruits and vegetables
Make sure all fruits and vegetables fed to your chameleon are fresh, rather than leftovers found at the bottom of your refrigerator that are moldy or rancid. The following fruits and vegetables can be toxic to chameleons: cabbage, figs, apricots, iceburg lettuce, and spinach.

What Fruits & Vegetables Can Chameleons Eat? | Cuteness

Hi there, and welcome on here! Sadly, both that website and the website from its article references do not share the best info for chameleons for future reference

Last edited:
So I fed fig and he did eat quite a lot but I’ve never seen him really get bloated after eating but he looks a lot bigger than normal so I was wondering if it cause for concern I haven’t seen any poop but sometimes it’s hard to find. When he is extended he still has a bit of a gut.View attachment 327225View attachment 327226
I just noticed you have fake plants in the cage, could his bloat be from eating one? Also, I'm not sure if you have this already or not, but here's the forum's gutloading chart. The more variety, the better!

Attachments

• chameleon-gutload.jpg
    chameleon-gutload.jpg
    188.7 KB · Views: 43
Back
Top Bottom