Blackish blue scales..?

Hi my chameleon has black scales on his face .. anyone know what this is?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 169
Honestly I think the slightly more concerning part is he is sleeping on a blanket?

Also, have you fixed your cage and your lighting?

Have you stopped "taking him everywhere?" You are just stressing him, which can lead to health problems.

Last edited:
Honestly I think the slightly more concerning part is he is sleeping on a blanket?

Also, have you fixed your cage and your lighting?

Have you stopped "taking him everywhere?" You are just stressing him, which can lead to health problems.
Yes, I have and he is just resting for the photo, he’s not always on the blanket, thanks for your concern though. He closes his eyes ALOT.

You said...."he goes everywhere with me: stores, vacation, etc. he is a year and a couple months year old" ...are you still doing that? What happened with his crusted eyes?
He shouldn't be sleeping a lot....hi long has he been doing that? Do you have him out of a cage at room temperature a lot? What is room temperature, if you do?

Yes, I have and he is just resting for the photo, he’s not always on the blanket, thanks for your concern though. He closes his eyes ALOT.

So, I feel I need to pick this statement apart a bit, so I will apologize in advance for the way it will seem like I am attacking, I assure you this is not my intention.

"he is just resting for the photo" - I'm not even sure where to start here. If this is during the day it can show some very bad underlying issues, and if it is in the evening it can show some very bad husbandry practices. Either way...

"he's not always on the blanket" is a statement I have never had the opportunity to say with any of my chameleons. My cats? Yes, but not my chameleons...

As for "He closes his eyes A LOT" , this is the main reason for my post. There are many reasons for this and most are directly related to husbandry issues.

From a previous post of yours...

"He has no signs of stress. Just cause he’s raised abnormal doesn’t mean he’s gonna die thanks for worrying tho." - I hope that you have perhaps changed your mind about this statement, and if so we can try to help guide you to a healthy chameleon, but what you are describing is not good. Chameleons are very good at hiding illness and by the time you see signs of it they can be in pretty bad shape.

What have you been doing to treat the eyes?
When he was on the blanket, how long had he been there before he shut his eyes? What was the temperature where he was sitting on the blanket? Cooler than his cage?

Back
Top Bottom