Black, white and grey spots started to show up on my velied. Mabye sunburn.

David768

Hi everyone. About a month ago my velied male started to have weird black spots showing up on his skin. At first i thought it would heal but there was no change during the month and he has a big grey spot from middle of his eyes to the back of his head. I think its sunburn but im an amateur so i would be happy for any help with what it is or how to treat it.
Info:
-Food: gutloaded crickets (sometimes mealworms)
-vitamins once or twice a week in a form of mix.
-lamp: hibrid. Placed at recomended distance.
-misted once or twice a day for 3mins but i think the moisture inside is pretty low.

Attachments

• IMG_20190129_151647.jpg
    IMG_20190129_151647.jpg
    167.8 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_20190129_155904.jpg
    IMG_20190129_155904.jpg
    298.1 KB · Views: 68
Chameleon- Velied male 1 year old in my care since two weeks old.
He is eating normally and there is no problem exept the skin.

Handling - i try to take him out every day but only when he wants to.

Feeding - carrot and lettuce gutloaded crickets (sometimes mealworms)

Supplements - i dont know. Its a vitamin mix i bought in a shop from a profesional (probably). I use it once or twice a week.

Watering - pressing hand mister . I mist him twice a day for 3mins.

Cage Info:
Cage Type- plexiglass with (bar) top.
Lighting - its a new model from a czech company called reptieye. Its a hibrid placed at recomended height.
Temperature - unmesured but its average room temerature+the heat from the lamp.
Humidity - pretty low. I try to raise them but the water in the air dryes out really fast. Could you recomend any way how to keep them at good level?
Plants - theyre live plants but i dont know what species. They were picked by florist who knew which are safe to use. Anyway there were no chemicals on them.
Placement - on the table about 70 cms above the floor

Location - Czech Republic.

I hope its enough.

Attachments

• 15487812348133148638039454077669.jpg
    15487812348133148638039454077669.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 65
Just dry skin but a close up of that area would really help confirming that.

Got to get a real gutload and correct supplement schedule. Exactly what are you using for calcium and vitamins? How often for each?

Supplements:
She should be getting calcium dust without D3 at every feeding. Also should be dusting with calcium with D3 twice a month. She also needs a multivitamin twice a month.

Gutload- can you get cricket crack or Bug Burger?

If your going to keep that cage I think you should put a small CPU fan on the top screen sucking the air in through the lower vent and blown up and out of the viv.

Light- can’t find any English info on that brand, have any? I never recommend unproven tech for a Cham.

You’ve got to measure temp and humidity, this isn’t optional. Your struggling to keep the humidity up because the cage is bare. Adding lots of live plants and branches would help you out a lot and your Cham will definitely appreciate it too.

Th
Just dry skin but a close up of that area would really help confirming that.

Got to get a real gutload and correct supplement schedule. Exactly what are you using for calcium and vitamins? How often for each?

Supplements:
She should be getting calcium dust without D3 at every feeding. Also should be dusting with calcium with D3 twice a month. She also needs a multivitamin twice a month.

Gutload- can you get cricket crack or Bug Burger?

If your going to keep that cage I think you should put a small CPU fan on the top screen sucking the air in through the lower vent and blown up and out of the viv.

Light- can’t find any English info on that brand, have any? I never recommend unproven tech for a Cham.

You’ve got to measure temp and humidity, this isn’t optional. Your struggling to keep the humidity up because the cage is bare. Adding lots of live plants and branches would help you out a lot and your Cham will definitely appreciate it too.
Thanks very much. I didnt want to buy the lamp at first because i knew that these lamps are still being upgraded but they talked me into it. Thanks for the Fan tip.

From the photo I attached, which light do you use? Looks like they do not offer a linear bulb. It's important for you to use an appropriate lamp. There are some European light reptieye_share.jpeg manufacturers that work very well, check out Arcadia.

This one.
From the photo I attached, which light do you use? Looks like they do not offer a linear bulb. It's important for you to use an appropriate lamp. There are some European lightView attachment 222175 manufacturers that work very well, check out Arcadia.
This one. They told me its all they need (all in one)

Attachments

• 15487852965771844246696827719215.jpg
    15487852965771844246696827719215.jpg
    194.5 KB · Views: 28
I'm not familiar with that bulb and how much uvb it puts out. The consensus here is to use a linear bulb. Also, keep in mind that the uvb will not pass through the plastic or glass top.

Back
Top Bottom