Black stripes

Martinkadha

Hello, so my new 4 months old panther chameleon which i had for 3 days was last two days having black stripes as shown o the photo. I though that is is because low temp, but my temp is maintaining at 73 ferein. most of the time. And even after an hour of baskint, nothing changed. Could it be caused by change of the enviroment and he just getting used to new owner and encloser?

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - panther chameleon, 4 months old, male
  • Handling - by far never
  • Feeding - cca 4 crickets every day
  • Supplements - calcium without d3, im planning to give him multivitamin tomorrow for the first time
  • Watering - fogging and misting twice a day, sometimes 3 times if huminidy drops under 50%
  • Fecal Description - Brown and whit

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - semi meshed, 100x50x50 cm
  • Lighting - ubb- arcadia t5 6%
  • Temperature - bottom-69f, midle 74, basking 86
  • Humidity - 50-70%, most of the time 55cca
  • Plants - live plant, ficus
  • Placement - high, on my wardrobe
  • Location - central europe
    Screenshot_20201226_204553_com.google.android.apps.photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20201226_204550_com.google.android.apps.photos.jpg

It isn't. when i offer him food, he starts to have bright colours without black stripes. Also, do you think that the encloser is suitable?
Hmm I hope others can help. I think your enclosure is pretty good but it could use some more plants to help fill up the empty space. This is mine, I love how you have more branches then I do

Attachments

• 20201011_181649.jpg
    20201011_181649.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 79
Looks like stress colors to me since he doesn't have anywhere to hide. I'd suggesting adding in more coverage. It should be hard to find your chameleon.

Also going to drop a link to this video that you might find helpful as a new owner:

Looks like stress colors to me since he doesn't have anywhere to hide. I'd suggesting adding in more coverage. It should be hard to find your chameleon.

Also going to drop a link to this video that you might find helpful as a new owner:

He's actually hiding a lot in his plant and he sleeps there between the leaves. Where i cannot see him.

Yes, i saw it yesterday and it was helpful, thanks.

I agree, it looks like he certainly needs more plants/coverage :)

Back
Top Bottom