Black spot on tail

Megan80

There is a black spot at the base of my Mellers tail. It's been there a while and hasn't really gotten much bigger over the last 2 weeks or so. Thought it was shed that got stuck and we removed the shed, but it hasn't gotten much better. I cleaned it with alcohol free Listerine and applied some silvadene yesterday (white stuff in pics). I felt the area. Not texture difference in skin on affected area vs non affected areas. Not tissue density difference either. When i cleaned it nothing really "came off" and Ripley didn't really react. He's eating fine. No other health issues. Had a check up about 4 months ago and clean bill of health. We adjusted his enclosure in case it was a humidity/environmental issue. Any ideas? Our local Herp vet is only in the office 2 days a week and the nearest one after that is an hour and i don't want to stress him out like that unless we absolutely HAVE to...

Attachments

Megan80

You pulled the shed off? If you did that is a BIG no no. Just looking at the picture possibly a burn or a bruise. If he was my chameleon a vet visit would be happening
The shed was almost off, but just wouldn't quite fall off. No real tension in coming off.

Mawtyplant

Chameleon Enthusiast
Just by the shape of it I think it’s a burn and not a fungus infection, the black spot are burned a bit to severely and slightly around you got a light discolouration in green ish yellow, so a focal spot with a surrounding aerea;) make yourself sure the yellow green ish not growing up too. From the picture this one look young right? Cb ?

Top Bottom