Black spot in the front bottom area of teeth/mouth of my 8 month old chameleon Flick

I get mine to open up by tapping the mouth crease towards the back with a needleless syringe but i imagine a qtip will work to. You need extra arms to give meds to chams! If they are determined, fotget it! When i was a child i was on antibiotics that stained my teeth, thankfully not black but yellow.

I get mine to open up by tapping the mouth crease towards the back with a needleless syringe but i imagine a qtip will work to. You need extra arms to give meds to chams! If they are determined, fotget it! When i was a child i was on antibiotics that stained my teeth, thankfully not black but yellow.
No matter what I did, he would not open his mouth willingly for me or maybe I wasn’t persistent enough. I wasn’t too worried because a couple days after I made this post, I noticed a lot of it was pretty much gone. I was finally able to get a qtip swab in there when he opened his mouth from being too hot outside one day. On the qtip it was dirt and I was able to swab it out (so whoever asked if he was eating dirt, yes apparently he was). The spot hasn’t appeared again 🙂

I did use it for a few months, but her teeth were already black. It may have been staining from blueberries that I gave her when I believed it was ok to give occasional fruity treats to my veiled girls.
is it not okay to give fruit treats occasionally?? i’ve seen so many different opinions

What kind of fruits do chameleons eat? I've heard you can give them a bit of banana every now and then I think.
i’ve given my girl a bit of banana occasionally but don’t do too much since it’s fibrous and you don’t want to constipate them. My girl is named Mango and ironically, she goes NUTS for pieces of mangoes.

is it not okay to give fruit treats occasionally?? i’ve seen so many different opinions

What kind of fruits do chameleons eat? I've heard you can give them a bit of banana every now and then I think.
They are insectivores so they should not be given anything other than insects.
Fruits are a hard no. High in sugars and their bodies do not process them. Vegetables are not recommended either.

Back
Top Bottom