Black markings on female yemen ?????

gemmatony10

Over the last few days, there has been some black markings appear on my 18mth old yemens nose and crest. My 1st thought was that she may have burned herself, but there is no way she could get anywhere near the bulbs.

She is just finishing a shed, and is not very happy at having her pics taken, as she is usualy a very shy girl.

Anybody seen anything like this before ??????

100_9062.jpg

100_9064.jpg

I actually had two of my girls looked just like that after they finished digging all day to lay their eggs. I couldn't tell if they were bruised from digging or just changed color but it went away shortly

The pictures aren't totally clear but to me the black mark on her casque looks like the start of a burn. Can she get too close to her basking light? The one above her eye looks like she is missing scales. Are they, in fact, missing? Is she rubbing her face against anything?

No ive checked and double checked there is no way she could have gotten anywhere near the basking bulb, and her uvb is on the outside the flex.

No scales missing, its probably just my dodgy camera.

Shes my 3rd female, and ive never seen anything like this :confused:

I dont think it would be from laying that long ago, if you are sure it is not a burn then bruising or a possible skin fungus ( watch for any spreading) I am going by by own personal experience only here with black marks being bruises, i had a cham also get black marks from a scratch from mating ( from the male) and the black bruising can take quite some time to heal, and quite a few sheds. but I am not an expert:confused: I do wish you all the best, keep us posted.maybe a vet visit?

Back
Top Bottom