black eyes all the time

Jakeelias93

hi guys, I was just wondering if it's normal for my cham to always have black stressed looking eyes. even when he's sleeping they are an ugly black. do you think he will grow out of it or is it part of his coloration? I've never seen them any other color and he's not stressed out, sometimes he's grumpy but nothing out of the ordinary.

hi guys, I was just wondering if it's normal for my cham to always have black stressed looking eyes. even when he's sleeping they are an ugly black. do you think he will grow out of it or is it part of his coloration? I've never seen them any other color and he's not stressed out, sometimes he's grumpy but nothing out of the ordinary.

Um, we need more info...what species are we talking about? What about a photo?

i agree a picture would help, but is it just his eyes? ive seen my panther have some pretty crazy patterning and coloration around his eyes a few times, it wasnt anything to worry about though.

i agree a picture would help, but is it just his eyes? ive seen my panther have some pretty crazy patterning and coloration around his eyes a few times, it wasnt anything to worry about though.

only his eyes, one of his siblings had really cool bright red eyes but sadly his have always been dull as shown

I am confused. the outer part or around the eye? Or the actual eye itself? Which are you saying is black? He looked ok to me, but i am using a phone and the pix were really small.

it just looks like that is the color of the skin around his eyes, he might get some coloration around his eyes i would imagine if he is still growing but it looks like that may be it imo.

Your boy's eye look just fine, his colors may change or his eyes may remain dark. Either way, don't worry, he looks fine.

he is a little dark in one pic but Im sure it was the camera that pissed him off. Other than that he looks ok to me.

only his eyes, one of his siblings had really cool bright red eyes but sadly his have always been dull as shown

interestingly enough, I put a paint tarp around his cage too keep humidity in better, and you can't really see through it and now his eyes have the typical sun patterning, I haven't been home since I checked but I'm assuming all the traffic was stressing him out

That could be it! Does the rest of him look a little brighter too? It could also be that the tarp is stressing him out, so instead of his normal dark turret color, he is throwing a stress color. Only you will be able to really make that distinction though, so keep an eye out.

Back
Top Bottom