Black color on Veiled in am?

kylocats

Hello One day this week when I was turning on my 5 month veiled heat and uv light, she was quite black. She went right to her basking spot and then returned to her beautiful green. It only once. Should I be concerned by this?
Thanks. Oh yes her low temp that night went to 67 F.

Its nothing to worry about...I would guess that she might have done this to try and absorb any heat, and that's why when she got under the lamp, she changed back to her "beautiful" green. :)

Jake

Its nothing to worry about...I would guess that she might have done this to try and absorb any heat, and that's why when she got under the lamp, she changed back to her "beautiful" green. :)

Jake
Jake
Thanks for you info. Like everyone else from this forum I want "Cammy" to have the best life. I am happy to know that it was nothing to worry about. Thanks

Yeah, it's simple physics at play here.

She's cold so she changes to a color that will absorb the most (hence reflect the least) heat and light.

Mine usually only turn near black when I put them outside in the sun (in a black screen cage). You'd think they'd turn black inside to absorb more from the pitiful 60W incandescent bulb.

Back
Top Bottom