Black Bruise like spot???

Red17

Hey everyone, im new to this forum!!! A lot of great info here.

SO i have a 6 mt old female veiled chameleon who up until recently was doing great. =/ i noticed a weird black spot on the bottom of her belly after she shed recently. i feel like it has gotten slightly larger which is what worries me.

i attached 2 normal pics of her and 2 pics of the "black spot"...

i really hope shes okay =// i <3 her lol.

Thanks for any help you guys can give!!!

Attachments

• pascal.jpg
    pascal.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 402
  • pascal2.jpg
    pascal2.jpg
    248.7 KB · Views: 737
  • blackspot2.jpg
    blackspot2.jpg
    244.7 KB · Views: 494
  • blackspot.jpg
    blackspot.jpg
    238.9 KB · Views: 396
my first guess when looking at this was possibly a burn. then i read further and you say that it looks to be getting bigger so now my guess turns into a skin problem (fungus or bacterial).

in the other pics after thinking it is a skin problem, does she have other grey spots on her body, like one on her spin near the tail and on the rear right leg?

i would recommend getting her in to see a vet as soon as you are able to.

is it raised and swelling? please anwser the how to ask for help. thats usually what people do. and people will ask you to do so untill you do.

my first guess when looking at this was possibly a burn. then i read further and you say that it looks to be getting bigger so now my guess turns into a skin problem (fungus or bacterial).

in the other pics after thinking it is a skin problem, does she have other grey spots on her body, like one on her spin near the tail and on the rear right leg?

i would recommend getting her in to see a vet as soon as you are able to.

thats kinda what i was thinking. doesnt look right to be a burn. and how would she get it under her like what unless shes still small enough to hang unsidedown on screen. --looks raised aswell. go see a vet please

I would put some silvadene creme on it and keep an eye on it, if it continues to spread then go the the vet, it may be a burn or bruise but if it continues to spread I would be concerned about an infection or fungus

ok...

thanks for all the replies... i wasnt expecting such a fast response.

Im using a zoomed hood with a 50watt heating bulb and a zoomed reptisun 5.0uvb which is about an 1 1/2 in the hood. Screen enclosure and about 6 inches away from her basking spot. her basking temps are normally around 89/90 depending on the temp in my house.

its not raised and feels dry.

she does climb all over her cage though...and iv seen her on a veryyy few occasions on the roof of her cage.

how could she get a fungus or bacterial infection??? i keep her cage clean and change her substrate often. no gray spots anywhere else.

i am going to take her to the vet tomorrow and see what they say. i hope its nothing serious.

thank you once again.

thats kinda what i was thinking. doesnt look right to be a burn. and how would she get it under her like what unless shes still small enough to hang unsidedown on screen. --looks raised aswell. go see a vet please

just an fyi, she is small enough to still hang upside down. my male at 7 months can still do it. ;)

thanks for all the replies... i wasnt expecting such a fast response.

Im using a zoomed hood with a 50watt heating bulb and a zoomed reptisun 5.0uvb which is about an 1 1/2 in the hood. Screen enclosure and about 6 inches away from her basking spot. her basking temps are normally around 89/90 depending on the temp in my house.

its not raised and feels dry.

she does climb all over her cage though...and iv seen her on a veryyy few occasions on the roof of her cage.

how could she get a fungus or bacterial infection??? i keep her cage clean and change her substrate often. no gray spots anywhere else.

i am going to take her to the vet tomorrow and see what they say. i hope its nothing serious.

thank you once again.

thats to hot for her. sooo from what you say it may very well be a "little" burn. you may be able to hold off a vet visit if you moniter it closeyly a few days. thats what i would do. but take her to the vet to be on the safe side if you would like. her temps should be 80. doesnt need to basking bulb.

just an fyi, she is small enough to still hang upside down. my male at 7 months can still do it. ;)

oh no. clair suposed to be like 6-8mnths (her age is unknowen really) and she seems smaller than the one posted. mabey its just hard to compare pics.

oh no. clair suposed to be like 6-8mnths (her age is unknowen really) and she seems smaller than the one posted. mabey its just hard to compare pics.

If you dont know her age, post a pic of her on something we can size her with, like a ruler, and we cna help you with that. I can show ya my guy, and we can go from there.

ANd im postive on my guys age and he def still hangs upside down all the time. its his favorite thing to do.

oh wow i definitely will be changing her bulb right now.

shes about 5 1/2 inches from head to the beginning of her tail NOT the end. lol

i have silvadene cream...but if its a fungus that wont help right?

thats pascal stealing my boyfriend.

shes such a good chameleon...loves to climb on ppl.

Attachments

• pascal&henry.jpg
    pascal&henry.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 260
oh wow i definitely will be changing her bulb right now.

shes about 5 1/2 inches from head to the beginning of her tail NOT the end. lol

i have silvadene cream...but if its a fungus that wont help right?

I dunno about the silvadene creme, but as for her size, around 6-7 months sounds right for her. my boy is a bit bigger and he is 7 months.

Back
Top Bottom