Bizarre Veiled bahavior???

The5sherns

My male Veiled has been acting a smidge strange the last few days, and I was wondering if anyone has had a similar situation? When I put Rango in his outdoor enclosure, he goes to the base of a potted plant, and starts to dig, and then puts the lower half of his body in the hole that he dug. Now, if HE were a SHE, of course this wouldn't be strange... but, he is definitely a HE. So - what do you think?

0.0 That is quite bizarre!! Only can think of like u said if he were a she would be digging to lay eggs...... are you absolutely positive!!

dug for gold then sits there waiting for you trying to get her to take you to cali.. truthfully thinks it's still the years of the gold rush. you got yourself a gold digger.

Have you checked how warm he is getting outside? He could be trying to cool himself down in the damp cool soil.

yeah i think it could be trying to cool off. or something interest him. try to cover the soil and ssee what he does.

Definitely sure he is a he - his tarsal spurs are pretty large.

As for the temperature - today our high was 81, yesterday our high was 74 - same behavior on both days, at different times of the day.

hmm I have no clue! Unless hes trying to invent a way to escape XD Or feels he has to use the bathroom directly in the pot XD

Back in the nineties I keep veilds out side through the summer months here in Alberta. Several of my males dug burrows and would use them for cover, thermal regulation and for sleeping. A few non-gravid females did this as well. Cheers!

Definitely sure he is a he - his tarsal spurs are pretty large.

As for the temperature - today our high was 81, yesterday our high was 74 - same behavior on both days, at different times of the day.

That was outside, how warm was it in his cage?

Those screen cages accumulate heat. I've measured my outdoor cages and they can be up to 20 degrees warmer in the cage then outside.

Back
Top Bottom