Biting

I would be solely concerned about my reaction to the bite because I think my first instinct would be to shake him off my hand. I would fling him against a wall and then he would die and I would be beyond heartbroken, crushed, and mortified. This is how I see it play out in my head lol. I am a bit of a worry wart as you well know. :hilarious: Kinda like when a mosquito bites me my first instinct is to slap the hell out of the spot... Does not matter if the dang thing is still there.
I worked at a day care so I learned to ignore the instinct to shake got bit a lot back then

I was cleaning my panther's cage one day and not paying attention and it just so happened my nail polish was about the same color as a hornworm and as I was pulling my hand out he shot his tongue and bit the holy bajesus out of me! It definitely drew blood and I seriously thought he cracked the middle of my nail in half lol.

I was cleaning my panther's cage one day and not paying attention and it just so happened my nail polish was about the same color as a hornworm and as I was pulling my hand out he shot his tongue and bit the holy bajesus out of me! It definitely drew blood and I seriously thought he cracked the middle of my nail in half lol.
See now this is why I am scared do my nails now that I have my guy. Not up for a back fill cham style :p

See now this is why I am scared do my nails now that I have my guy. Not up for a back fill cham style :p

Monty bird crunched my freshly done gel nails, once... took it clean off! I dont think a cham has quite that much power, but it might mar the surface a bit :p

(It really flipping hurt, too!)

Monty bird crunched my freshly done gel nails, once... took it clean off! I dont think a cham has quite that much power, but it might mar the surface a bit :p

(It really flipping hurt, too!)
Yeah I slammed one in a car door once and thought the world was ending. Pretty sure a little piece of me died that day. Amazing how bad it hurts to rip acrylic straight off a nail bed.

Yeah I slammed one in a car door once and thought the world was ending. Pretty sure a little piece of me died that day. Amazing how bad it hurts to rip acrylic straight off a nail bed.

Oof! :eek: Yeah, getting bitten by a large parrot is about equivalent to slamming a finger in a car door... nail damage hurts sooo bad! I swore off of gel and acrylic because I'm so worried about Monty getting curious and ripping them off again! I also can't do earrings because of her (she tore out my studs... hard nope!). Ruining my aesthetic - she's lucky I love her! :LOL:

Lol, I'm trying to picture this; when your cham shot his tongue at your hand, was your hand pulled to him/where he was perched or was he hanging by his toungue from your hand?

Lol, I'm trying to picture this; when your cham shot his tongue at your hand, was your hand pulled to him/where he was perched or was he hanging by his toungue from your hand?

He was sitting on a branch in right-hand side of his cage near the door and I guess when he saw my hand move and the color of my nail polish it triggered him lol. My hand was kind of pulled towards him and I didn't want to jerk my hand back and hurt his tongue or fling him across the room but he also lunged onto my finger almost as soon as his tongue hit my nail so i didn't really get a chance to escape lol.

Larry likes to hiss in my ear once and awhile while climbing my head. I’m always so scared he’s going to clap onto my ear one day. Imelda is slow luckily and always falls forward or backwards when lunging for my hands but that was while she had eggs sooo she might be quicker now :unsure:

Spicy is not the word I would choose... lol I found the pic from my last bite. This was the last time I would leave Kyle in the cage while working on it lol. No matter what animal you are working with, always show them respect and never let your guard down. I'm glad this bite wasn't from any of the more dangerous animals I have been working with lately.

Spicy is not the word I would choose... lol I found the pic from my last bite. This was the last time I would leave Kyle in the cage while working on it lol. No matter what animal you are working with, always show them respect and never let your guard down. I'm glad this bite wasn't from any of the more dangerous animals I have been working with lately.
View attachment 232198
ouch ouch nope not up for one of these at all. I love your sign in the background!!

Larry likes to hiss in my ear once and awhile while climbing my head. I’m always so scared he’s going to clap onto my ear one day. Imelda is slow luckily and always falls forward or backwards when lunging for my hands but that was while she had eggs sooo she might be quicker now :unsure:
Maybe now you will have a matching pair of chameleon earings, lol

Back
Top Bottom