Biopolar cham

samanthanortonn

So I had to take tito (4 month old veiled female) to the vet last weekend, before this she never let me touch her and would try to bite and hiss but I had to get her out to take her to the vet. After getting her out she was SO sweet all weekend and would let me get her out and would just crawl on me and show no signs of distress. She would actually turn more bright green when I would get her out. But this only lasted a few days. Since Sunday she has gone back to her normal ways and will hiss when I take her out. She will still crawl on my hand with the treat of a wax worm ( I don’t pick her up out of her cage I let her come to me) but once I pull my hand out of the cage with her on it she hisses. Why did her behavior change so drastically? I know they don’t like to be handled and I am only trying to get her out once but it’s just weird that she was fine and seemed to like it for a few days and now she seems to hate it

So I had to take tito (4 month old veiled female) to the vet last weekend, before this she never let me touch her and would try to bite and hiss but I had to get her out to take her to the vet. After getting her out she was SO sweet all weekend and would let me get her out and would just crawl on me and show no signs of distress. She would actually turn more bright green when I would get her out. But this only lasted a few days. Since Sunday she has gone back to her normal ways and will hiss when I take her out. She will still crawl on my hand with the treat of a wax worm ( I don’t pick her up out of her cage I let her come to me) but once I pull my hand out of the cage with her on it she hisses. Why did her behavior change so drastically? I know they don’t like to be handled and I am only trying to get her out once but it’s just weird that she was fine and seemed to like it for a few days and now she seems to hate it
Bright colors actually are stress colors... Their temperaments are very back and forth. Sometimes they will want to come out and move around but it is actually an issue of the cage being set up incorrectly and them wanting out to find some place better.

Bright colors actually are stress colors... Their temperaments are very back and forth. Sometimes they will want to come out and move around but it is actually an issue of the cage being set up incorrectly and them wanting out to find some place better.
I guess that makes sense. I got her some new stuff for her cage this weekend that she really seems to like so I guess she’s just not wanting to leave it now!

Back
Top Bottom