Bioactive

OliFC9

Hey guys so I’m getting a 3 month old chameleon soon and I’m wondering whether to go for a full on bioactive setup. Which I have every for now. Or just keep all the plants in their pots (after cleaning and repotting obviously) and have some paper towels at the bottom or something similar. I’ve been doing research and it’s mixed views there so I was wondering if anyone had experience with it they could help me decide. Thanks

The mixed views are generally from people that haven't done and don't understand bio well. If you have good drainage and set it up right(it's not hard, at all) then you'll never want to go back. I don't know anyone that's done bio and regretted it :)

I started out bio with my very first chameleon. There are a lot of people on this site that will answer your questions and point you in the right direction to get it setup correctly the first time. If I had to do it all over again, I would still have a bio active setup. Makes the enclosure look so natural and I don't have to clean up poop or insect parts.

Here goes my build and what I used. There are also at least 3 enclosure picture threads on this forum that have a lot of active bio pics.

https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/my-bioactive-build.170830/

The mixed views are generally from people that haven't done and don't understand bio well. If you have good drainage and set it up right(it's not hard, at all) then you'll never want to go back. I don't know anyone that's done bio and regretted it :)
Ah right I see. I have got all the stuff to set up good drainage it I decided to make it bioactive so that’s good. Thanks for the reply :)

I started out bio with my very first chameleon. There are a lot of people on this site that will answer your questions and point you in the right direction to get it setup correctly the first time. If I had to do it all over again, I would still have a bio active setup. Makes the enclosure look so natural and I don't have to clean up poop or insect parts.

Here goes my build and what I used. There are also at least 3 enclosure picture threads on this forum that have a lot of active bio pics.

https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/my-bioactive-build.170830/
Wow that’s really helpful. I’ll take that into account thanks so much :) I do think it looks much nicer as well so I think I’m edging toward bioactive

Some more bio motivation for you ;)

Attachments

• 20180711_200016.jpg
    20180711_200016.jpg
    197 KB · Views: 94
  • 20180731_174306.jpg
    20180731_174306.jpg
    250.4 KB · Views: 99
Back
Top Bottom