bioactive?

i would like to do my panther Chameleon xl reptibreeze enclosure into a bioactive Enclosure. What you guys think? Is it a good idea or do you say rather not do it?
If it is good then how should I do it? Like what kind of soil? Clean up crew? Springtails or Isopod? Any help and input is very much appreciated.

I think its a great idea, organic soil, I prefer both spring tails and isopods and make sure to include leaf litter on the bottom of the enclosure so the clean up crew has some food to begin with. I would also include some live plants like house dracaena, pothos or other cham safe plants and make sure there are a LOT of branches and vines, blank space is wasted space! good luck!

i would like to do my panther Chameleon xl reptibreeze enclosure into a bioactive Enclosure. What you guys think? Is it a good idea or do you say rather not do it?
If it is good then how should I do it? Like what kind of soil? Clean up crew? Springtails or Isopod? Any help and input is very much appreciated.
Awesome idea! Get either a ReptiBreeze XL substrate tray to go in the cage or a bin to go under the cage. Make sure to seal any gaps with aquarium safe silicone if using the substrate tray so no tiny bugs escape. Use as many live plants as you can fit, along with springtails and isopods (start culturing your own so you don’t have to buy more every time you replenish the colonies in the cage), and a good quality soil, like ABG mix, along with either horticultural or lump charcoal, sphagnum moss, and leaf litter. Depending on how long each misting session is, you still might need a drainage layer. If you use the substrate tray, it won’t be deep enough to support large trees or plants. If you have any other questions, let me know!

I think its a great idea, organic soil, I prefer both spring tails and isopods and make sure to include leaf litter on the bottom of the enclosure so the clean up crew has some food to begin with. I would also include some live plants like house dracaena, pothos or other cham safe plants and make sure there are a LOT of branches and vines, blank space is wasted space! good luck!
Thank yo I just wanted to make sure that it is safe to do it.I have live plants in his enclosure right now. I would use them to plant them in there. His is his enclosure now.

Attachments

• 0EBF1C3E-65A6-43E6-89E9-2F33AA4DBD33.jpeg
    0EBF1C3E-65A6-43E6-89E9-2F33AA4DBD33.jpeg
    268.4 KB · Views: 114
Awesome idea! Get either a ReptiBreeze XL substrate tray to go in the cage or a bin to go under the cage. Make sure to seal any gaps with aquarium safe silicone if using the substrate tray so no tiny bugs escape. Use as many live plants as you can fit, along with springtails and isopods (start culturing your own so you don’t have to buy more every time you replenish the colonies in the cage), and a good quality soil, like ABG mix, along with either horticultural or lump charcoal, sphagnum moss, and leaf litter. Depending on how long each misting session is, you still might need a drainage layer. If you use the substrate tray, it won’t be deep enough to support large trees or plants. If you have any other questions, let me know!
In my Crested Gecko bioactive Enclosure I used the hydro balls for drainage. Can I use them aswell. I have 5 mistings on my mist king First one is 4 min the 3 other once are 1.30 and the last one 1 hrs before bed is 4 mins. I always have a dripper for him.

In my Crested Gecko bioactive Enclosure I used the hydro balls for drainage. Can I use them aswell. I have 5 mistings on my mist king First one is 4 min the 3 other once are 1.30 and the last one 1 hrs before bed is 4 mins. I always have a dripper for him.
You can use them. If you're using the substrate tray, to save space, I’d make a hole in it, glue a few layers of mesh over the hole, and put a bucket below to drain into it

Thank you so much for the help and advice. Very appreciate

If you or someone you know is handy, make a plant box for the enclosure to sit on. Life gard aquatics bulk head for drain, paint on flex seal inside, water based spar urethane on the lip and exterior and it'll be a nice waterproof base.

I’m just using epoxy paint everywhere

Before making Lola's base I did a couple with epoxy too. One thing I do like about the flex seal is being able to drop the bulk head down in and seal the bulkhead and the wood all at the same time. Was worried about it but two coats held her box full of water with no problem.

If you or someone you know is handy, make a plant box for the enclosure to sit on. Life gard aquatics bulk head for drain, paint on flex seal inside, water based spar urethane on the lip and exterior and it'll be a nice waterproof base.
That’s a great idea. Thank you very much

Back
Top Bottom