BIOACTIVE - CLEAN UP CREW

jack_wardayyyy

Established Member
Hi everyone,

I switched to bioactive around 1-2 weeks ago.

I added 2 tubs of spring tails and 1 of isopods.

However when I turn up the soil directly in front of me I can’t see them :( do you think they died or does it just take a while for them to get going?

Hi Jack I have not a clue lol . Anyway do you have leaf litter( just curious) I added this as well as rubber tree seed pods and some pieces of bog wood ( you did say previously you used arcadia is that correct? Which is custodian ready I also add some custodian fuel not much every week don't know why they'd dead

Hi. How many isopods did you start with? It does take time for them to multiply. I always keep a small/medium piece of cork bark for them to hide under and will give them a bit of veggie scraps under every now and then. When I lift the cork, I usually see some of them. Some times I’ll see dozens and other times zero, but they’re lots of them hiding throughout. For some reason I find many of the isopods like to hang out in my drainage layer. For the springtails, they do need some bits of charcoal. I don’t understand why, but they like it and it helps them multiply. For both types of animals, the soil will need to have some moisture to it so that they can breathe. Another thing that helps the isopods is to provide a source of calcium. You can add a bit of crushed egg shell or a small chunk of one of those calcium things for turtles or birds.

Hi. How many isopods did you start with? It does take time for them to multiply. I always keep a small/medium piece of cork bark for them to hide under and will give them a bit of veggie scraps under every now and then. When I lift the cork, I usually see some of them. Some times I’ll see dozens and other times zero, but they’re lots of them hiding throughout. For some reason I find many of the isopods like to hang out in my drainage layer. For the springtails, they do need some bits of charcoal. I don’t understand why, but they like it and it helps them multiply. For both types of animals, the soil will need to have some moisture to it so that they can breathe. Another thing that helps the isopods is to provide a source of calcium. You can add a bit of crushed egg shell or a small chunk of one of those calcium things for turtles or birds.
Cuttle fish bone ,

Back
Top Bottom