Bio active

swtaber1

Ok friends I am working on making a bio active enclosure, I have a reptibreeze 18*18*24 cage that is screen! Can I make a a bio active in this or do I need a glass enclosure? Can I put some kinda tote under it to hold my soil? Any help wouid be Appreciated

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    245.4 KB · Views: 117
Ok friends I am working on making a bio active enclosure, I have a reptibreeze 18*18*24 cage that is screen! Can I make a a bio active in this or do I need a glass enclosure? Can I put some kinda tote under it to hold my soil? Any help wouid be Appreciated
Yes, you can make a screen enclosure bioactive but you’ll need to either secure it on top of a specially prepared planter box or build one to put inside. It will need to be able to hold water. BUT that size is much too small for most chameleons. For veiled and panthers you need a minimum of 24x24x48” or equivalent. I believe Jackson’s need larger than what you have too.

Yes I know it is small we plan on getting a bigger one this shall be the starter one till it gets bigger. Tho I have read 18by 18 by 36 is just big nuff

Yes I know it is small we plan on getting a bigger one this shall be the starter one till it gets bigger. Tho I have read 18by 18 by 36 is just big nuff
This will be your animal’s home where it spends it’s entire life. Too small or restrictive causes chronic stress. The price difference between the large and extra large ReptiBreeze is around $20. Spend the extra and get the bigger enclosure.

Yea we are thinking of taking one we have back and trying to find a bigger one but it hard to find in our area

Yea we are thinking of taking one we have back and trying to find a bigger one but it hard to find in our area
I have bought mine on line from here. https://www.reptilesupplyco.com/wholesale-reptile-screen-cages/403-reptibreeze-xl-zoo-med.html Not sure if I’d recommend them for more than just the enclosure though...they have always made mistakes on my orders and last time I ordered they sent me a $3 item instead of the $23 item I ordered and never refunded me nor replied to my multiple messages.

For the "soil bin" or tote or whatever I took a polypropelyne poster board and cut it to make a little bin. I can't... seem to get a caulk gun to corporate with me so I ended up sealing it with the same spray foam I used to decorate.

i got a 24x24x48 today!! yay!
Yay! Any ideas yet what you’re going to do for your bioactive bin? Aside from the two options I mentioned above, I use a fabric ‘root pouch’. Bio dude sells them, but they are a bit too small. I could only find other ones that were too large (kinda like Goldilocks here) which I did buy and have just folded and tucked. This one is very close to needed size if you’re interested. https://www.homedepot.com/p/Root-Po...Pots-with-Handles-Planter-BB900-45H/306677187

well i have my abg and clay balls (few more bags on way from joshs frogs) i have plans some dragon tree, rex begonia, Janet crig and i have creeping fig and a rare wandering jew. i have some vines.
now to plant everything, and get some background decor

My orders :)

Attachments

• D04AC36D-955F-4DC7-81FB-E7818443D597.jpeg
    D04AC36D-955F-4DC7-81FB-E7818443D597.jpeg
    165.7 KB · Views: 77
  • E3659807-9F65-48F3-B74A-D6C78B2DCFEF.jpeg
    E3659807-9F65-48F3-B74A-D6C78B2DCFEF.jpeg
    189.5 KB · Views: 75
  • 92F3265C-824F-4200-8149-3742224D3E3B.jpeg
    92F3265C-824F-4200-8149-3742224D3E3B.jpeg
    147.7 KB · Views: 69
well i have my abg and clay balls (few more bags on way from joshs frogs) i have plans some dragon tree, rex begonia, Janet crig and i have creeping fig and a rare wandering jew. i have some vines.
now to plant everything, and get some background decor
You haven’t said what kind of cham you’re getting. If a veiled, be careful with plants as they nibble them. This is a great guide for safe plants. https://chameleonacademy.com/plants/

Back
Top Bottom