Biggest cage

Mountain Dragon

Chameleon Enthusiast
I want to see who has the biggest cage in about 15 days me and my dad are building a cage for Yoshi that is going to be 6 feet wide 6feet tall and 3 feet deep and we are going to go on a plant shopping spree and I’m going to clean Aton do sticks and going to have to buy like two uvb but I think it will be worth it to turn my wall into a jungle and give Yoshi a giant cage.

Last edited:
I would work on getting a misting system and a drainage system installed on your first cage before attempting another. You have several pillars of chameleon husbandry that need to be addressed. As well as removing ALL fake plants. If you want a giant cage those are more appropriate to be outdoor cages that you can fully plant the bottom and make bioactive. Example:
PXL_20210829_210814756.jpg

I would work on getting a misting system and a drainage system installed on your first cage before attempting another. You have several pillars of chameleon husbandry that need to be addressed. As well as removing ALL fake plants. If you want a giant cage those are more appropriate to be outdoor cages that you can fully plant the bottom and make bioactive. Example:View attachment 309202
It’s my birthday in 15 days and I’m asking for Aton of plants bc why spend my bake sale money on plants when I can ask for those for my b day and use my money to save for a mist king. The only issue with my husbandry is fake plants I’m pretty sure

It’s my birthday in 15 days and I’m asking for Aton of plants bc why spend my bake sale money on plants when I can ask for those for my b day and use my money to save for a mist king. The only issue with my husbandry is fake plants I’m pretty sure
Drainage system is 100% required.

You have to stop using paper towels.

I would work on getting a misting system and a drainage system installed on your first cage before attempting another. You have several pillars of chameleon husbandry that need to be addressed. As well as removing ALL fake plants. If you want a giant cage those are more appropriate to be outdoor cages that you can fully plant the bottom and make bioactive. Example:View attachment 309202
I’m not going to get a misting system for a long time because im a kid and I got the time to mist Manually and it’s not killing me. My room is also pretty empty because My family doesn’t really decorate bedrooms they do they rest of house just not the rooms so I definitely have room for a big enclosure. As for the drain me and my dad will build one for the new cage and I don’t know why in my first thread I said 3-4 months I’m asking for it for my birthday which is in 15 days

You have to stop using paper towels.
Yes a drainage is way easier but you don’t have to have I’m pretty sure it’s working for me he poops on it and I pick it up and exchange it. There is no water sitting and no smell and I clean the bottom often so no bacteria

In your new set up, definitely find room and make plans for a drainage system.
Are you planning to go bioactive for this large enclosure?

In your new set up, definitely find room and make plans for a drainage system.
Are you planning to go bioactive for this large enclosure?
I’m probably going to either do a screen on the bottoms with a tray below it to catch the water and u can just spot clean the poop. Or how a drian hole like in bath tub and have pvc leading to a bucket. If you guys have any other ideas I’m open for them!

I’m probably going to either do a screen on the bottoms with a tray below it to catch the water and u can just spot clean the poop. Or how a drian hole like in bath tub and have pvc leading to a bucket. If you guys have any other ideas I’m open for them!
Installing a basic drainage system is pretty easy and could be done on your existing cage. You can simply put the cage on risers, I use PVC pipes cut to about 2 inches, raising the cage a few inches from a drain pan. I use a washing machine drain pan only 20$ at home Depot. All you need to do is then drill holes in bottom of cage. Look at the bottom of this pic.
PXL_20210829_215816887~2.jpg

Installing a basic drainage system is pretty easy and could be done on your existing cage. You can simply put the cage on risers, I use PVC pipes cut to about 2 inches, raising the cage a few inches from a drain pan. I use a washing machine drain pan only 20$ at home Depot. All you need to do is then drill holes in bottom of cage. Look at the bottom of this pic. View attachment 309204
Okay I’m going to ask my dad if we can do that this weekend thankyou for the explanation

We've got a bioactive cage, made out of wood, 6 feet tall, 1.5 feet deep and 5 feet wide. Pez loves the space and plenty of room for plants. Being bioactive is so convenient especially with girls who have to lay eggs occasionally.

I want to see who has the biggest cage in about 15 days me and my dad are building a cage for Yoshi that is going to be 6 feet wide 6feet tall and 3 feet deep and we are going to go on a plant shopping spree and I’m going to clean Aton do sticks and going to have to buy like two uvb but I think it will be worth it to turn my wall into a jungle and give Yoshi a giant cage.
I agree a drainage system is indicated on an indoor enclosure this size.

Have you sourced a 6' x 3' drain pan? Whatever size you can source or build may be a limiting factor to your enclosure size. :unsure:

The largest inexpensive drain pans I'm currently aware of are 60" x 30". There may be larger—IDK.
Another option is building/improvising a custom-sized drain pan. IIRC, there are a few of these in the Drainage Thread.

I agree a drainage system is indicated on an indoor enclosure this size.

Have you sourced a 6' x 3' drain pan? Whatever size you can source or build may be a limiting factor to your enclosure size. :unsure:

The largest inexpensive drain pans I'm currently aware of are 60" x 30". There may be larger—IDK.
Another option is building/improvising a custom-sized drain pan. IIRC, there are a few of these in the Drainage Thread.
I can either like do two pans or one if I find the size thanks for linkkkng threads

Back
Top Bottom