Bigger cage=bigger basking light fixture?

Hyperpower

So I bought my veiled a 2x2x4 cage and right now im using his old basking light fixture and I was just wondering if now that the cage is bigger should I get him a bigger fixture?
don't worry I am using a bigger uvb tube too.

You need a cham sized area (about 12" by 12" for large) around 95F for basking, however you want to build it. Normaly this is about the size of the dome the light is in.

I would setup the light so its facing down and about 3" away from the screen and at least 6" away from the basking stick. That should give it enough spread.

Another setup is have it at a 45 degree angle and mounted on the side of the tank.

https://www.chameleonforums.com/how-close-too-close-50428/

You need a cham sized area (about 12" by 12" for large) around 95F for basking, however you want to build it. Normaly this is about the size of the dome the light is in.

I would setup the light so its facing down and about 3" away from the screen and at least 6" away from the basking stick. That should give it enough spread.

Another setup is have it at a 45 degree angle and mounted on the side of the tank.

https://www.chameleonforums.com/how-close-too-close-50428/

Always great information from nightanole.

My recommendation is just having half the top of the cage for basking and the other side cool. However that happens, that's how you should do it.

So basically even two heat lamps could make that. You don't necessarily have to go bigger..

Maybe one small heat lamp on one side, and one small one on the other side?

Always great information from nightanole.

My recommendation is just having half the top of the cage for basking and the other side cool. However that happens, that's how you should do it.

So basically even two heat lamps could make that. You don't necessarily have to go bigger..

Maybe one small heat lamp on one side, and one small one on the other side?

right now I have the uvb going diagonally from each corner, in the back right corner I've got his basking light and the front left corner I've got his dripper.

Back
Top Bottom