Big dripper

Rose:)

So I have my big dripper on the top and it either drips as a continuous drip or it doesn't drip at all. Do y’all have any tips for getting it to work right? Mine has a really curved pipe so that might be part of my problem. I can find an old picture because I am not home right now. Fyi i have changed parts of my cage since this picture.

I gave up long ago on the big/little drippers. Is next to impossible to find the sweet spot. I would suggest getting a Mist King that you can program misting sessions and then a dripper is pretty much not needed.
Yeah I’m trying to save up for one. Do they work pretty well? The previous owner said he drinks from misting anyways so I haven’t been too worried. I just make sure theres drops he can drink and I do see him drinking.

Yeah I’m trying to save up for one. Do they work pretty well? The previous owner said he drinks from misting anyways so I haven’t been too worried. I just make sure theres drops he can drink and I do see him drinking.
Yes! They are a little tricky when setting up the timer, but they work great! For a dripper, some just poke a hole in the bottom of a cup with a tack and set it on top.

Do you know of any cheaper mist systems I could use?
Look up CliMist in the archives. (Not an endorsement—just passing along)

MistKing vs Climist.....thoughts? | Chameleon Forums
www.chameleonforums.com › ... › General Discussion

Apr 18, 2017 · 20 posts · ‎9 authors
If I had to rebuy, i would get the climist. It uses an easily replaceable 120vac reverse osmosis booster pump and a standard lamp timer.
what's you opinions on Climist vs Mistking? (timer ...
20 posts
Jan 26, 2016
MistKing or CliMist Cyclone Misting System ...
6 posts
Dec 8, 2018
CliMist Assembly? | Chameleon Forums
2 posts
Dec 30, 2015
Sold: 2 CliMist misting systems | Chameleon Forums
1 post
Jul 3, 2017

Attachments

• 1606248860523.png
    1606248860523.png
    1.1 KB · Views: 76
They are so annoying?!! I actually found that sweet spot on mine & haven’t touch it since! I remove it at night & set it by the sink so the dripper continuously drips into the sink & I put it back up top in the morning. Also, I have a MistKing & highly recommend it!! I didn’t even bother looking at another brand since the MistKing came so highly recommended by everyone that has one & I agree now that I’m an owner!! It semi-easy to install...mainly the timer may take a couple minutes to figure out. I recommend watching a tutorial (like Neptune The Chameleon on YouTube...she has an easy to understand video on how to set the timer. Good luck with everything!

I gave up long ago on the big/little drippers. Is next to impossible to find the sweet spot. I would suggest getting a Mist King that you can program misting sessions and then a dripper is pretty much not needed.
What mist king be good but cheap and what attachments? I was looking at the v5.0 started misting system but i didnt know what extra stuff i should get because i saw theres more when you go to checkout.

What mist king be good but cheap and what attachments? I was looking at the v5.0 started misting system but i didnt know what extra stuff i should get because i saw theres more when you go to checkout.
That depends on your enclosure, how much of it you're trying to mist, and nozzle placement. I bought the v5.0 starter system w/ no extras. It comes with one nozzle, but no mounting bracket. I have a double-size (48"W) enclosure, so I asked both MistKing and the enclosure mfr. how many nozzles I would need. They both told me 4, and where to put them.

After doing some testing and trial runs with the single nozzle, I found that I could sufficiently mist my enclosure with just 3 nozzles, so I did, and it's working fine. That only saved $15, but paraphrasing the old joke, $15 is $15.

With a 24 x 24 x 48 enclosure, you may be able to do with the one nozzle if placed top center aiming downward. Supporting it there might be tricky, and may negate the savings of a second nozzle.

It also depends on the enclosure you have/buy and if it comes with mister nozzle mounting brackets—some do and some don't. The MistKing starter system does not come with any mounting bracket, and you will need one bracket for every nozzle.

So unless you already have some brackets, you'll need one for every nozzle. Hope that's clear.

Shop for price. We found a retailer dealer that had better prices and free shipping. ;)

That depends on your enclosure, how much of it you're trying to mist, and nozzle placement. I bought the v5.0 starter system w/ no extras. It comes with one nozzle, but no mounting bracket. I have a double-size (48"W) enclosure, so I asked both MistKing and the enclosure mfr. how many nozzles I would need. They both told me 4, and where to put them.

After doing some testing and trial runs with the single nozzle, I found that I could sufficiently mist my enclosure with just 3 nozzles, so I did, and it's working fine. That only saved $15, but paraphrasing the old joke, $15 is $15.

With a 24 x 24 x 48 enclosure, you may be able to do with the one nozzle if placed top center aiming downward. Supporting it there might be tricky, and may negate the savings of a second nozzle.

It also depends on the enclosure you have/buy and if it comes with mister nozzle mounting brackets—some do and some don't. The MistKing starter system does not come with any mounting bracket, and you will need one bracket for every nozzle.

So unless you already have some brackets, you'll need one for every nozzle. Hope that's clear.

Shop for price. We found a retailer dealer that had better prices and free shipping. ;)
I have a reptibreeze 2x2x4. So should i get the mounting brackets and 2 nozzles?

I have a reptibreeze 2x2x4. So should i get the mounting brackets and 2 nozzles?
The mounting bracket is a very nice add on. Without it the mist heads will lack stability and just be attached to screen only. You would need one for every mist head. I have 2x2x4’ enclosures and use a double mist head instead of 2 separate single ones. Only a single mist head comes with the kit, so the double mist head or an additional single one would have to be bought. Everything else you’ll need is included in the starter kit. Of course you’ll need to get a water reservoir. I use a 5 gal bucket from Lowe’s.

So I have my big dripper on the top and it either drips as a continuous drip or it doesn't drip at all. Do y’all have any tips for getting it to work right? Mine has a really curved pipe so that might be part of my problem. I can find an old picture because I am not home right now. Fyi i have changed parts of my cage since this picture.
I just got home and fixed the big dripper in Pickles cage and this is him checking out the water ?
DCE5DDDA-7518-49F3-A28E-91EF46D0DF95.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom