Big cage... one or two basking spots?

arosstyler

Hey Guys

Leon is finally getting comfertable in his new cage. It is 36" Wide, 24" Deep and 48" Tall. Here is a question for other large enclosure owners. Do you have one or two basking spots? If you have two do you keep them both at 90 degrees?

Thanks

In my 24X24X48 I do have two basking lamps for my big male Veiled, even though he usually just basks in the one. The second one helps keep the temps right and lights up the cage. I wonder what my monthly electric bill is for 6 flourescent tubes and 7 basking lamps? :)

I also utilize two basking light fixtures for a 24x24x48 enclosure.
Like Julirs, this is partly to provide more light.
I have them mounted from the ceiling on opposite corners with a much lower wattage bulb (40w) in the back corner.
Kitty basks under both. I just moniter temps to make sure it doesn't go above 95 degrees under the front one (75w bulb). By hanging them from the ceiling I was able to adjust temps by raising or lowering the fixtures until I got it right.
The temp at the bottom of the enclosure ranges between 68 and 72 degrees and at night the entire space goes down to 65 degrees.
I have an electric space heater with a thermostat in the room to help maintain the ambient temp. It is set for 72 degrees while lights are on and 65 degrees at night.
There is also a 24" zoomed 5.0 bulb. The fixture sits directly on top of the enclosure.
3 lights, a space heater, one chameleon and no idea what this adds to our utility bill.:)

-Brad

haha yep CHA CHING electric bill goes up with each new reptile.

Thanks for the feedback everyone!

lol Im actually almost scared when I move out of my parents house cuz of the electric bill. if you can look at my sig you can see why. lol

Back
Top Bottom