Big boy cage

Andee

Chameleon Enthusiast
I bought and put together Ryker's big boy cage today. ^^ a 2 foot by 2 foot by 4 foot reptibreeze. I want to get him a bigger cage when he is truly full grown and I have more room, but for now at 6 months and 51 grams he is big enough to move into it in my opinion. Just one question should I still free range my food for him? Or should I teach him to cup feed? I just fear him not getting enough food in this big of cage. I will definitely be putting up pics of the new enclosure in the picture section when it's done and new pictures of the big boy. ^^

Thank you 8D

I bought and put together Ryker's big boy cage today. ^^ a 2 foot by 2 foot by 4 foot reptibreeze. I want to get him a bigger cage when he is truly full grown and I have more room, but for now at 6 months and 51 grams he is big enough to move into it in my opinion. Just one question should I still free range my food for him? Or should I teach him to cup feed? I just fear him not getting enough food in this big of cage. I will definitely be putting up pics of the new enclosure in the picture section when it's done and new pictures of the big boy. ^^

Thank you 8D

i have the same cage for my vieled chameleon. I cup feed him to this day so i know how much he is eating but he loves it when i free range his food. It probally makes him feel as if he is hunting.

I started my 4 month old in a 2x2x4 from 3 months old. My little guy doesn't like cup feeding but I've found the best way to feed him is to put the crickets on the screen towards the top and let them climb up where he hangs out, he takes care of the rest.

Cool so I have a couple options. I also was wondering what I should do with the UVB light? Should I switch to the long one? Or keep a compact?

Back
Top Bottom