Big black wasp OK?

Rst_Cham

Chameleon Enthusiast
I'm outside with Max and he just snagged a big wasp looking insect before I could stop him. I'm kinda freaking out! Are wasps OK for chameleons?

My boys eat wild Flys all time when they're outside. I would say he's should be fine. They eat all sorts of bees and wasps in the wild after all. If it looks like a bug and they think it can fit in their mouth they will eat it after all.
OK, thanks for reassurance. He's up to six now, racing around his tree like he's on a mission. I love outdoor time and just watching him enjoy being a chameleon in the sun. I'll try to stop worrying!

Yeah they tend to go for headshots on bees and stuff then crunch them quickly. I actually try to put them around bees when I see them. I read the pollen and stuff can be really good for them.

I have not seen them eat spiders. I'm sure they do but for me I don't let them touch bugs in the house or walking around outside since we spray for insects.

Daddy longlegs arent spiders :) I have them all over the place here actually, one was even in my roach bin. They don't have venom and aren't toxic, but do give off a bad taste and smell so animals usually don't eat them.

@jamest0o0 we are referring to the spider Pholcus phalangioides. Which does have venom and was tested on Mythbusters episode 13 - "Buried in concrete" they said it did inject them but the level was insignificant to humans. I'm not a scientist so I could be very wrong but I wanted to be clear about my version of daddy long legs. I know there is another insect out there that goes by the name and is infact not a spider depending on where your from.

Back
Top Bottom