Big black wasp OK?

@jamest0o0 we are referring to the spider Pholcus phalangioides. Which does have venom and was tested on Mythbusters episode 13 - "Buried in concrete" they said it did inject them but the level was insignificant to humans. I'm not a scientist so I could be very wrong but I wanted to be clear about my version of daddy long legs. I know there is another insect out there that goes by the name and is infact not a spider depending on where your from.

Sorry friend, but your guys' daddylong leg nickname is incorrect! Haha. It is widely used for harvestmen(arachnids, but not spider though I see how people would just start using it for any arachnid with long legs.

Either way, injecting venom and swallowing venom(like a cham would do with a spider) are different as I'm sure you know. I probably wouldn't try to feed my chams spiders, but I wouldn't worry if they snagged one.

Sorry friend, but your guys' daddylong leg nickname is incorrect! Haha. It is widely used for harvestmen(arachnids, but not spider though I see how people would just start using it for any arachnid with long legs.

Either way, injecting venom and swallowing venom(like a cham would do with a spider) are different as I'm sure you know. I probably wouldn't try to feed my chams spiders, but I wouldn't worry if they snagged one.
Venom-Injected
Poison-Consumed :)
I’m a proud geek

I thought that they were the most poisonous spiders but they are too small to bite... I really don’t know!

Venom-Injected
Poison-Consumed :)
I’m a proud geek

Poison is secreted. I'm talking about, if something would consume venom, like a chameleon eating a spider, it wouldn't have the same effect as the spider biting the cham and injecting it into the blood

@jamest0o0 we are referring to the spider Pholcus phalangioides. Which does have venom and was tested on Mythbusters episode 13 - "Buried in concrete" they said it did inject them but the level was insignificant to humans. I'm not a scientist so I could be very wrong but I wanted to be clear about my version of daddy long legs. I know there is another insect out there that goes by the name and is infact not a spider depending on where your from.
MythBusters? You just went up to levels in my book!

Venomous animals kill by injecting lethal chemicals into your body. Poisonous animals kill by contact or being ingested because they have lethal chemicals in their body or parts of their body.

I have daddy long legs killing the stray red runners or fungus gnats. I love them.

Venomous animals kill by injecting lethal chemicals into your body. Poisonous animals kill by contact or being ingested because they have lethal chemicals in their body or parts of their body.

I have daddy long legs killing the stray red runners or fungus gnats. I love them.
Stray red runners?!! That's my nightmare. I got rid of all mine after I read that they could infest and I saw one lone male running across my floor!

Ya but I have house geckos and daddy long legs in my apartment to help get rid of the occasional strays.
Where do you live that you have house geckos?! That's so cool. All I have is a cat for bug control.

Ya but I have house geckos and daddy long legs in my apartment to help get rid of the occasional strays.
We don’t really “own” the geckos they figure out how to slip in when we open the door, then disappear when we want them out.:)

Wait so my veiled can eat bees?
And wasps? I always worry and put him back inside when I see him ready to hunt.... He snatched a grasshopper once and I started freaking out.

Back
Top Bottom