Big bad sambava weigh in!! Lol!

carol5208

Chameleon Enthusiast
So I got Mr. Romeo to sit on the scale and thought I'd catch a pic before he skidaddled off! Not to fret or freak my dear fellow forum members....I have not been stuffing him full of waxworms! The weight says 365 and the bucket and stick weigh 125 so that brings in this heavy weight at 240 grams!!!
P1030089.jpg

and just for fun! Say hello to my little friend!
P1030092-1.jpg

Last edited:
Looking good as always!

How big are his head pads? They're a good way to determine if he is over weight or not. They shouldn't be flat or caving inwards, but they also shouldn't be buldging out like his head will explode!

Looking good as always!

How big are his head pads? They're a good way to determine if he is over weight or not. They shouldn't be flat or caving inwards, but they also shouldn't be buldging out like his head will explode!

I know what you mean about the head pads. I wouldn't say they look like they are going to explode, but somewhat bulgy! He got overfed when I was gone for three weeks. I know that for sure! My husband got carried away with the food and I yelled at him for that. I have him back on schedule now feeding every other day and not too much!

Haha. That's what my friend would do when I would leave town. She just threw a bunch in. Usually waaaaaaay to many.

Thank you! I just love him! He came from Kammerflage Kreations in California. They are one of our sight sponsors.

There are so many choices for panthers. Every day it seems that even more amazing chams come up. I've been looking for either a Nosy Faly, Nosy Mitsio, Masoala, or the Sambava. Yours is beautiful, and its a point in favor of the Sambavas

There are so many choices for panthers. Every day it seems that even more amazing chams come up. I've been looking for either a Nosy Faly, Nosy Mitsio, Masoala, or the Sambava. Yours is beautiful, and its a point in favor of the Sambavas

You are right! My daughter wants to get an Ambanja or Nosey Be. I kinda like just having the one!She has been bugging me for awhile They are addicting though. Sambavas are very cool, I mean heck they are all are!. If you check out my photo album there are some other pics of him in a more colorful state. He looks best when he is sleeping! go figure!!!!

He is stunning! And your outdoor cage if very nice. I tried building one myself, but it didn't go so well.

I want some panthers badly! But first I have to find homes for my veileds, and their 205 soon-to-hatch babies.

Wow he is big and handsome! My biggest one really doesn't even tip the scales at much over 100g, I think. I'll have to double check. Can't be more than 120, that's for sure. All of mine tend to run small, I don't know if that's my luck or my feeding habits? lol Yours could put all my little guys to shame! :D That second photo is adorable.

Olimpia, I don't know but I have read that the Sambava's are larger? Maybe I am wrong and he is just a big dude!!!

Carol he is so handsome and BIG! You might want to start feeding 3 days a week, that's what I do. I weigh my guys every Sunday. Luie was up to 224 so he's on a diet.....no more silkworms for him for awhile. Dr. Alfonso wants me to keep him 220 or under. Everytime I feed silkworms they bulk up. :eek:

Back
Top Bottom