Best way to feed in this enclosure?

yarvy

Hi, I just bought a large golden pothos that basically fills up my entire Reptibreeze mesh cage. I think my girl Kamasutra is loving it, but I am worried that she will not be able to find crickets in her new environment.

Here is a picture of her enclosure:
http://imgur.com/dVYZvMz

I covered the bottom of the cage in moss to absorb any excess water and increase humidity, but I am not sure if the crickets will just burrow into it and hide. I packed it down as tightly as possible, though.

I've released a bunch into the cage already and they seemed to disappear but eventually a few wandered up toward the top of the enclosure toward the light.

Do you guys think I need a cricket cup feeder, or do you think she will hunt well enough to find her food if I release it in her cage?

Maybe release them onto the plant. I heard pothos could be poisonous. If she is eating it she may get sick, but I'm not 100% sure.
No moss. Nice plant though. Lots of leaves for her to hide in

Hi, I just bought a large golden pothos that basically fills up my entire Reptibreeze mesh cage. I think my girl Kamasutra is loving it, but I am worried that she will not be able to find crickets in her new environment.

Here is a picture of her enclosure:
http://imgur.com/dVYZvMz

I covered the bottom of the cage in moss to absorb any excess water and increase humidity, but I am not sure if the crickets will just burrow into it and hide. I packed it down as tightly as possible, though.

I've released a bunch into the cage already and they seemed to disappear but eventually a few wandered up toward the top of the enclosure toward the light.

Do you guys think I need a cricket cup feeder, or do you think she will hunt well enough to find her food if I release it in her cage?

Yes your crickets will hide pretty quickly if loose, even if the moss is tamped down. They also lose their dust pretty fast if your cham can't find them before they groom off the dust. They eventually lose their gutload and start eating grungy stuff off the cage floor, or if they are hungry can chew on your cham as it sleeps. You could hang or wedge a plastic bin in the foliage for your cham to hunt from. Just remove it at the end of the day so the left over feeders can feed again overnight.

I took out the moss and it seems to be better. But will I need to drill some holes in the bottom for drainage do you think? I'm worried about the water from dripping and misting with a spray bottle not really going anywhere. Most of it stays on the plant or falls into the pot but some gets on the floor. I just don't want it to mold or anything.

bottom of cage

don't if i can say this second time replying but go to llreptile they have trays that go inside the cage all sort of sizes or depending on size of cage get array that it can sit in outside tray they work well

Keep the pothos it's fine. Many people that have had chameleons for many many years have no issues with them. If your worried about your girl finding them in the cage use a feeder cup. I made one like the one eat2muchrice made.

Back
Top Bottom