Best way to clear a clogged nostril?

Geckoflora

Just a quick question so I hope this is the right forum for it!

My chameleon seems to have a closed up nostril on one side, I'm not sure if it's stuck shed in there or mucus or something else? It seems like the nostril is closed off and looks a bit yellowish up in there, so I'm assuming it may just be old skin.

I wanted to see what people recommend for clearing it out? I was hoping it would come out on its own from the misting/humidity but it hasn't cleared yet and I wanted to try to get it out of there. I was thinking something like a wet Q-tip to put against his nostril (he's usually pretty tolerable of handling so I think he'd let me do it but might get tired of it after a few minutes) but since it's up in his nose a bit I'm just worried about pushing any skin/debris further.

If anyone has suggestions for the best way to clear it out I'd love to hear! This is probably a really small thing to be worrying about but I want to make sure he's in good shape!

Pictures please, usually stuff comes out of the nose whether it’s salt or minerals from the wrong supplements.

This is the best I can do for pictures, hopefully it's visible. The clogged side is the one in the second picture, first is just for comparison IMG_0700.jpg IMG_0705.jpg

I don't think it's an RI- he's had the clogged nostril for a few weeks already and isn't showing any signs of illness. I'm not so much concerned that he's sick or anything since nothing else is wrong, mostly just want to get his nose cleared up if I can

I don't think it's an RI- he's had the clogged nostril for a few weeks already and isn't showing any signs of illness. I'm not so much concerned that he's sick or anything since nothing else is wrong, mostly just want to get his nose cleared up if I can
Yeah that's prolly just me being parinoid:(

Back
Top Bottom