Best water system

psjjackson

Hi guys

I mist my Chameleon cage three time a day and have a waterfall, After reading up on waterfalls I'm taking mine out the cage.

What water systems are people using?

Hi guys

I mist my Chameleon cage three time a day and have a waterfall, After reading up on waterfalls I'm taking mine out the cage.

What water systems are people using?

What kind of chameleon do you have?
And by "water systems", do you mean misting systems? If so, you'll get plenty of replies favouring either AquaZamp or MistKing, I have a MistKing starter setup for mine. Such systems are a little pricey (usually around $100 and about the same in other currencies), but totally worth it in terms of performance, reliability and durability.

I use a drip system using a small pump (usually tom's aqualifter) and a household timer. There is a blog post written on how to do it. I have found that using mistings to try and provide the drinking water for my chameleons doesn't work for me.

I love my misting systems. Put them on a timer and forget about them. All I have to do is fill the tank once a week.

I use an aquzamp low profile rain dome system, im waiting to hear back from them right now about getting my second rain dome hood I ordered though. Ive heard that the owner is the person who puts everything together and that they have been sick, but people have disputed the order on paypal and orders went out soon after

I have two monsoons for two separate cages. They have been working fine but I'm interested in trying the mistking system as well when they go out.

Depends on what your price range for your new water system but mistaking has a lot of members' vote. I also place a dripper in my jacksons cage because he likes to collect the water on his horns and drink it.

I use an aquzamp low profile rain dome system, im waiting to hear back from them right now about getting my second rain dome hood I ordered though. Ive heard that the owner is the person who puts everything together and that they have been sick, but people have disputed the order on paypal and orders went out soon after

I did that after waiting 2 weeks. I don't mind waiting at all, it's the not replying to emails that not a good business practice.

I got my aquazamp and it's worth the wait. My panther chameleon took to it day 1.

I have ordered pumps off of ebay, they are 12/24 volt, so need a transformer. Pumps were $20.00 each, transformers are $15.00. These pumps are amazing, they are stronger than Mistking's top model pump. I have one pump misting 3 terrariums, with 2 nozzles in each. This pump could handle many, many more nozzles. I got my hose from home depot, can get nozzles there too, but the best price is at Lee Valley, you can get five nozzles for the price of 2. Nozzles everywhere are the same "Orbit" brand(red nozzles). Funny thing is, Mistking sells these Orbit nozzles, the red ones, but they are black, you're paying more from Mistking for the red Orbit nozzles because they are black, just something I figured out:D I'm cheap - always trying to figure out alternatives. You should see my $15.00 fogger:)

how bout a link to pump

So how about a link to said pump and nozzles from Home Depot so we can all check them out. I am about to buy a misting system and I am all about saving money if I can buy the same exact parts more economically(cheaply)...lol.

Here's one link to get you guys started. The Lee Valley website is very detailed, but the catagories are well set up. Takes me a bit to find the links.

http://www.leevalley.com/en/Garden/page.aspx?p=49667&cat=2,2280,49657

I'll add more to this thread, or I may even start my own thread titled "Cheap Alternatives," or something like that. It is easier to do these links when I am on the work computer than at home on the Tapatalk app.

Could you link me to the ebay pump you bought and transformer please?

I'm also interested in this and how you set it up (picture would be nice, perhaps do a guide? :D:D)

I'm about to invest in a mistking system. If I can do it myself, and cheaper, it would be better for me :p

Ok I'm going to work on a new thread, send pictures from my phone to the computer and gather links. I just looked at my phone though and I don't have many close ups of my misting system. So it will take me a couple days. When I get the thread started I will post the link here:)

Back
Top Bottom