Best supplementation method?

SuperFastSlug

Hello everyone. I'm new to chameleons, and am soon going to be purchasing a veiled chameleon. I've done tons of research and am pretty well equipped, however, I would like to know what the best supplementation method is. I've read several articles,caresheets, etc. and there are several different opinions on this topic. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

I will be purchasing a baby male, btw.

For a veiled I would go with the Repashy calcium plus and use it lightly 4-5 times a week

If you use repashy I would go with the new low vitamin one.

I personally do not like calcium plus for chameons as I have seen too many problems caused by it.

I prefer the three separate powders with
Plain calcium every feed
Calcium with D3 twice a month
Multivitamin with no D3 twice a month.

If you use repashy I would go with the new low vitamin one.

I personally do not like calcium plus for chameons as I have seen too many problems caused by it.

I prefer the three separate powders with
Plain calcium every feed
Calcium with D3 twice a month
Multivitamin with no D3 twice a month.

Have there been any known issues with repti calcium? I use this for my other reptiles/amphibians.

Ive been away for a bit but im curious as to the problems people have been having with repashy. Ive been using it on all my chams for well over a year now and all is well for me

I like the Rep cal for calcium and the Reptivite for D3 and vit. A.

My blog for new keepers:
https://www.chameleonforums.com/blo...-keepers-young-veiled-panther-chameleons.html

I took this info from my blog:

The feeders have to be "lightly" dusted with 2 kinds of supplements. When your chameleon is young you will use plain calcium (no d3) at just about every feeding...... if you skip one or two days a month that's ok. You will also need Reptivite with d3 twice a month. In this link I use the 12th and 23rd one.
http://lllreptile.com/store/catalog...d-cage-cleaners/reptile-calcium-and-vitamins/

Awesome. Thanks for the answers. But I have one more question: Is tap water treated with ZooMed's ReptiSafe good for misting? I just want to make sure the water will be safe as well.

Back
Top Bottom