Best pot to put a pothos plant in?

Hello everybody I was hoping you could all help me pick out a pot for a pothos plant for my chameleons cage.
Any ole pot will do. I've had pothos do well in plastic pots hanging on dragon ledges, planted in bioactive soil at the bottom of the cage, and in glass jars full of just water. I say go with something economical since other supplies cost so much. Bonus points for anything non plastic like terracotta since the world doesn't need more plastic or microplastics in the ecosystem.

Any pot that holds dirt will work. I know I'm being rather flip about this but I have grown pothos in a variety of shape and sized pots very easily. It is the work horse of chameleon keeping. I have even grown it in a water bottle without soil in a temporary cage. If you have specific pots that you are deciding between shoot us some pictures and we will give you our unbridled opinions.

I just use cheap plastic 6” pots which I’ve got on the walls of my enclosures. All have a few drainage holes and I put a small handful of pebbles at the bottom. I have bioactive enclosures and as the vines grow down, they have rooted themselves on the floor substrate and are now growing back upwards. More important than what type of pots to use, is to use a good organic soil.

I use the cheapest clay pots from lowes. I think they are like 2-3 bucks. I would also only go a inch bigger in your pot. As your plant will grow faster with multiple repots rather then a huge pot to start!

Pothos plants are versatile and easy-to-care-for houseplants that can grow well in a variety of pots. The best pot for a pothos plant will depend on a few factors, such as the plant's size, the desired aesthetic, and the growing conditions. Here are some general guidelines:

1. Size: Choose a pot that is one or two sizes larger than the current pot. Pothos plants like to be slightly root-bound, but if they become too crowded, they may start to show signs of stress.
  2. Drainage: Pothos plants need well-draining soil, so choose a pot with drainage holes in the bottom. This will prevent water from sitting in the bottom of the pot and potentially causing root rot.
  3. Material: Pothos plants can grow well in a variety of materials, including plastic, ceramic, and terra cotta. Each material has its own advantages and disadvantages. Plastic pots are lightweight and inexpensive but may not provide as much airflow as other materials. Ceramic pots are heavier and more expensive but can help regulate moisture levels. Terra cotta pots are porous and allow for good airflow but may dry out faster.
  4. Aesthetic: Choose a pot that complements the decor of the room and the size of the plant. Pothos plants can look great in a variety of pot styles, including hanging baskets, tall pots, and wide, shallow pots.
Overall, the best pot for a pothos plant is one that provides adequate drainage, is the right size for the plant, and fits the desired aesthetic.

Back
Top Bottom