Best place to buy a chamelon?

Jhauser

I bought a senegal from a store and it got sick and died. I am worried if I really spend money to get one I want it to be healthy. What is the nicest most handled breed?

Hello and welcome! I am sorry to hear you had a bad experience in the past.

I would first suggest looking into the care each Chameleon requires. Find the one you are able to meet their requirements easiest and then go from there.

You want to get your chameleons from a reputable breeder. Depending on the kind of chameleon you get, would depend on who you go to.

The Chameleon academy website has some care sheets for veiled, Jackson, and Panther chameleons so you can check that out. Let me know what questions you have!

Hi. 100% agree with @elizaann2 https://chameleonacademy.com/chameleon-husbandry-program-getting-started-with-chameleons/ is the very best place to start. Learn all about the basic husbandry needs and then move on to the species specific needs. I would advise you to get a male to avoid the egg laying and all that accompanies that. Really, there are no ‘friendly’ chameleons and none that like to be handled. Most just want to left alone to do their thing. There are some that are known to be less tolerant of us, such as veileds. They aren’t afraid to let us know that they don’t like us and don’t want to be touched. Once you’ve done your research, definitely buy from a breeder with a good reputation. The breeders who sponsor the forum are known to be excellent. If you are unsure about a place you are thinking of buying from, use the forum search function to see what other people’s experiences have been. Of course, sticking around and continuing to ask questions, read all the posts and what not will definitely be of help to you as well. :)

I bought my vieled from markschameleons.com. before he would sell him to me, he went over my entire setup and supplements and made sure everything was in order which i really appreciated. If more breeders would do that we would have a lot less sick or dead chams on our hands! He also guarantees and ships. i could really tell he loves his babies!

Oh you cant buy one then figure it out. Especially a baby. you have to figure it out first and have everything ready. Mine was four months old and in this big 24" x48" cage and mark said its perfect he will double in size every two weeks. He was right! 🤗

Back
Top Bottom