Best Material for Solid Cage Walls?

Alyssa_Kay

I have a 3 year old male panther chameleon who currently lives in a 24x24x48 screen cage with the lights sitting on top. I'm planning on building him a semi solid-walled vivarium to help maintain more moisture. I've heard that glass terrariums aren't always the best because the cham may see their reflection and get stressed, so I'm wondering what material I should use for the 20 in. tall section of the new cage if not glass. The section will wrap around the whole cage. Might plexiglass work? Any other tips are also welcome :)

I have a 3 year old male panther chameleon who currently lives in a 24x24x48 screen cage with the lights sitting on top. I'm planning on building him a semi solid-walled vivarium to help maintain more moisture. I've heard that glass terrariums aren't always the best because the cham may see their reflection and get stressed, so I'm wondering what material I should use for the 20 in. tall section of the new cage if not glass. The section will wrap around the whole cage. Might plexiglass work? Any other tips are also welcome :)
PVC panel or coco husk liner over the screen or glass/plexiglass or plywood/MDF

plexiglass is fine as long as there is some ventilation in the cage so the cham doesn't get an RI

yea I would cover that with foliage or something because it will stress a cham out but I usually cover the walls of any cage with foliage so I just assumed they would do the same my bad lol
Plexiglass also shows reflections, though

Back
Top Bottom