Best humidifier?

Lindasjackson

Chameleon Enthusiast
Needs to be top fill, and be able to attach pvc piping to humidifier spout. Does anyone have any ideas? I hurt my shoulder and it’s difficult to fill the one I have because I have to remove the chamber and turn it upside down to fill it and it keeps accumulating water under the unit which is not safe. It’s also difficult to clean.

I’m new to keeping Chammies but I was led to this by the breeder and online recommendations and it’s working amazingly well (for the brief time I’ve had it) and I feel it checks all your boxes. Others can please correct me if I’m wrong. I’m still learning!

Petspioneer humidifier/fogger

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07V39ZYJB?ref=ppx_pt2_mob_b_prod_image

Attachments

• 2970A132-10B1-445C-BDF2-1107B21F0EFF.jpeg
    2970A132-10B1-445C-BDF2-1107B21F0EFF.jpeg
    56.3 KB · Views: 52
I looked at those, just not sure if the top nozzle will fit inside a pvc pipe. Do you use a pvc pipe with yours to pipe it to the top of the ensure? I don’t like the corrugated tubing that comes with them because too many places for bacteria to grow in the corrugation.

That makes sense. The breeder had this set up with PVC to her baby Cham cages but I didn’t look closely at how she set it up :(

That makes sense. The breeder had this set up with PVC to her baby Cham cages but I didn’t look closely at how she set it up :(
That’s ok. If she had pvc pipe hooked up to it, it must have worked. Do you get any water collecting under the unit? Also is it easy to clean?

No water collecting under and I have only washed it once, when I first got it. We have only had it a few days though. I can ask the breeder that recommended it, she has 8 of them…

Ive killed them all. Anything with a tube will grow pink slime. You will have to clean the tubes more than once a week.

Best bet is a bucket with floaty 1-3 disc unit in it, and maybe a small fan. Easy to clean, and not made of crap plastic.

Does anyone who keeps Jackson’s here use this humidifier? And does a pvc pipe fit over the part where the humidity comes out?
@Mendez @JacksJill @Kaizen

I do use this fogger (for my Veiled) and yes it does connect to PVC. My setup is con nected to PVC pipe. It's 1/2 inch PVC with 1/2 connectors - female slip / threaded male adapter which screws into a female threaded coupler, which is what sits on the fogger. My boyfriend sanded it out and glued with two part epoxy for plastics (not metal!). Devcon brand is what my boyfriend recommends. He used JB weld brand for this. It works great. I clean it with vinegar and hot water and pipe cleaner brushes every 3 weeks and only see slight pink mold from time to time on one spot at the very end of the PVC, which comes off no problem. I live in Florida and started off cleaning once a week then pushed it out more and more to find the right cadence.

It's very easy to fill up top.

PXL_20211211_234748519.jpg

Thanks everyone! I think this is what I will get then. I have probably the same size pvc pipe you do @JacksJill because it’s bigger than half inch pipe. I don’t glue any of mine together either so I can easily take it apart to clean. I think I clean my set up including pipes about every 10 days and I found the Lysol with the activated hydrogen peroxide in it so I’m using that now. Makes it much easier.

Thanks everyone! I think this is what I will get then. I have probably the same size pvc pipe you do @JacksJill because it’s bigger than half inch pipe. I don’t glue any of mine together either so I can easily take it apart to clean. I think I clean my set up including pipes about every 10 days and I found the Lysol with the activated hydrogen peroxide in it so I’m using that now. Makes it much easier.

Glad we were able to help. I think this one will be much better than the one you've got now for sure. Top fill rocks.

I looked at those, just not sure if the top nozzle will fit inside a pvc pipe. Do you use a pvc pipe with yours to pipe it to the top of the ensure? I don’t like the corrugated tubing that comes with them because too many places for bacteria to grow in the corrugation.
I use it and yes it does fit. It is not an exact/tight fit, it sits on there with maybe a little gap all around. But any excess mist goes back into the unit, and it still pumps plenty out.

I use it and yes it does fit. It is not an exact/tight fit, it sits on there with maybe a little gap all around. But any excess mist goes back into the unit, and it still pumps plenty out.
Thanks for the info. I wouldn’t want it to fit tight so that’s great!

Got my petspioneer today! Yay! That was fast! Now I am confused by their timing system. My original humidifier I had plugged into a govee plug timer so I just set it for 12:00 am to turn on and 5:00 am to turn off. The petspioneer has its own timer but from what I read you can only set it for intermittent fogging. It’s very confusing to me. Can anyone help me with setting the timer? @bbyoda

I wish it just had a simple timer instead of the ct, wt, and all that. How do I set it to be on from 12am to 5 am?
I have mine set to be on all the time and the timer it's plugged into just turns it on from 1-3am. Sounds like you could do the same with your Govee smart plug!

Back
Top Bottom