Best Heavy Duty Plant For Big Veiled Chameleon

UPDATE: The hibiscus died and his ficus is almost dead. I need something that can thrive indoor i had a plant light and all and watered it well. On the other side my panther chameleons Umbrella plant is doing great and budding everywhere I need to give my Veiled a plant? Any other suggestions. I posted here to not start a new thread

Hibiscus and ficus have to be rotated monthly out of the cage and put near a south facing window to survive. You have to buy two of each and rotate them. I also repot them with an inch of lava rock gravel at the bottom so they have decent drainage. They will probably get more water than they need from the misting.
If you don't have much of a green thumb then maybe you need to use wood branches for climbing support and a pothos or two with the long vines wrapped around them for cover.

Hibiscus and ficus have to be rotated monthly out of the cage and put near a south facing window to survive. You have to buy two of each and rotate them. I also repot them with an inch of lava rock gravel at the bottom so they have decent drainage. They will probably get more water than they need from the misting.
If you don't have much of a green thumb then maybe you need to use wood branches for climbing support and a pothos or two with the long vines wrapped around them for cover.
Great idea! I might just get lost of sticks and put two pothos and let them just grow in the cage! You got me there I don’t have any sort of green thumb hahaha. Thanks for the great reply!

I have a big pothos in my enclosure that gives a lot of cover and you can wrap around branches. Lots of leaves for drinking water too

This is my new setup how long does it take for them to grow? I couldn’t find any bigger anywhere by even nurseries I used bungee strings because the sticks we’re not holding up and he seems to like it more

Attachments

• BBDA023F-9803-4AD5-A0EB-220DAF6067A1.jpeg
    BBDA023F-9803-4AD5-A0EB-220DAF6067A1.jpeg
    290.3 KB · Views: 132
Imma set up a few sticks at the bottom and there’s a bendy stick I there that branches down so he can climb down also

Here is mine....the plant when I first bought it a year and a half ago....and how it looks in my cage now

Attachments

• A7A50652-DA62-4A4C-8666-5B5B9410BA0D.png
    A7A50652-DA62-4A4C-8666-5B5B9410BA0D.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 137
  • 0B14992D-74B7-4017-B7D4-5D1119DA886A.png
    0B14992D-74B7-4017-B7D4-5D1119DA886A.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 115
  • D3736B75-8F71-4559-BBF7-875E86CC08CE.png
    D3736B75-8F71-4559-BBF7-875E86CC08CE.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 120
I had trouble keeping a couple plants alive so I took them out. I had a hibiscus that literally was dying after 2 weeks. And a small umbrella tree plant that also died.

I had trouble keeping a couple plants alive so I took them out. I had a hibiscus that literally was dying after 2 weeks. And a small umbrella tree plant that also died.
Yes same here my hibiscus was blooming all then just went downhill and so did my ficus. I have umbrella plants for my panther and they’re doing great they’re always giving new leaves and all that

Back
Top Bottom