Bermanja?

cyberlocc

Chameleon Enthusiast
What is a bermanja panther chameleon? Never heard of this locale, is it a cross? What in the heck is it? Lol.

Apparently by either me or them. It's Beramanja. However!

The region they are saying it's from, is not Beramanja, AND Beramanjas are White.

I think, and I wish they were honest... That it is a Manarana. Which would be AMAZING! That's my unicorn, it's technically on Protected land, so illegal for Export?? It's illegal to catch on protected land, I understand but it has to venture out right?

I really want Manaranas, which are what is pictured. Green Cham, with a white stripe and dark bars, blue/purple. They are from the Eastern Rainforests.

UG is selling them and a few people on Kingsnake. The price is rather high for a WC. If they are in fact Manaras, I would buy them though.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190708-120408.png
    Screenshot_20190708-120408.png
    467.9 KB · Views: 150
  • Screenshot_20190708-120503.png
    Screenshot_20190708-120503.png
    439.6 KB · Views: 133
What is a bermanja panther chameleon? Never heard of this locale, is it a cross? What in the heck is it? Lol.
Sure they didn't mean AMBANJA??? That is what I have. Mine is an AMBANJA and also has that very vivid white stripe as well with same markings, so I am confused on what the differences actually are.

Maybe they're Ambanjas that stopped at the Bermuda triangle for a year and have now since changed their names to more accurately depict their locality lol. No in all honesty I'm assuming typo.

The holy grail Panther for me is the Nosy Tanikely which is also on a National Forest so that's never going to happen...
Screenshot_20190708-141709_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20190708-141717_Chrome.jpg

It is a real locale. Check my Madcham SS's, what it's not is what they say it is. At least not like those pictured.

The only furcifers I have seen with that green are Eastern species. From the rain forests.

Conviently the listing says that specific Cham is from Central to Eastern Madgascar. Which is not where Beramanjas are found. That also does not look like an Ambanja I have ever seen, nor is that Eastern either. The Eastern Panthers are fairly few, and most are predominantly Red.

As I said, however Techinally Manarana it resembles is in Protected areas so Illegal? At least to export.

It is a real locale. Check my Madcham SS's, what it's not is what they say it is. At least not like those pictured.

The only furcifers I have seen with that green are Eastern species. From the rain forests.

Conviently the listing says that specific Cham is from Central to Eastern Madgascar. Which is not where Beramanjas are found. That also does not look like an Ambanja I have ever seen, nor is that Eastern either. The Eastern Panthers are fairly few, and most are predominantly Red.

Maybe they're Ambanjas that stopped at the Bermuda triangle for a year and have now since changed their names to more accurately depict their locality lol. No in all honesty I'm assuming typo.

The holy grail Panther for me is the Nosy Tanikely which is also on a National Forest so that's never going to happen...
View attachment 238884View attachment 238885

As I said, however Techinally Manarana it resembles is in Protected areas so Illegal?

Then again, Parsonii Cristifers is mostly found in Andasibe, and by right protected in the same way?

I truly do not understand enough about these laws to get a firm understanding. There seems to be loopholes. If someone in the US had a Manara for sale I would snap it up, or multiple preferebally. To get them into CB population.

They interest me, not only from a coloring standpoint however from a climate standpoint. They are so different in their Biotype than a typical F. Paradlis, that it's intriguing. I am genuinely curious, if they are a different species.

I have been told, by some they were introduced, though cannot find any supporting evidence. If true, they seem to have adapted to their range, as shown by the difference in colors at least I would think.

Back
Top Bottom