bees?

Once a honey bee's stinger is removed, his abdomen kinda comes w/ it, rendering him DEAD. Honey bees can only sting ONCE. I wish chams could eat bees, I have a couple of hives and I wouldn't have to put up w/ these darn crickets!

Yes, but dogs aren't chameleons. If you noted that leopard geckos or some other reptile have had bad experiences with bees then it would make more sense. You're comparing a mammal to a reptile and especially one that is evolved to eat bugs and bees in the wild.

Working in the veterinary field, I have seen some very serious complications caused by bee stings. Fatal anaphylactic reactions caused by bee stings are extremely common in dogs and most of them need antihistamine injections. I myself came very close to loosing my dog to one single bee sting. I am sure you don't know exactly how your chameleon will react to a sting, and a retained stinger could potentially cause a nasty abscess in your chameleons mouth, once he or she ingests it. That having been said, why risk it?

-Cala-

Back
Top Bottom