Been to Yemen?

Tygerr

Avid Member
Has anyone ever visited the natural habitats of the Veiled chameleon? I might go to Dubai some time next year, and Yemen could be a nice excursion.

Does anyone have any contacts there that could show you chameleons/chameleon locations?

I'd also love to see some photographs of Veileds in their natural environment.

I know this thread is OLD. But, I've been to Yemen twice. I was actually born in the UAE; I we used to travel all over the middle east. I only got to see wild Veiled's once though. Also, when we were in Oman, we found a cham that looked like a dilepis; strange.

Adam

Old thread, but what the hell.....

Yea, us Americans wouldn't exactly be safe over there wondering around....so I'm thinking not to many from the US have been able to do that lately.......

Old thread, but what the hell.....

Yea, us Americans wouldn't exactly be safe over there wondering around....so I'm thinking not to many from the US have been able to do that lately.......

Why would you think that? I heard everyone in that area loves americans :rolleyes:

Especially pretty blonde hair blue eyed ones.

that makes me feel sooo safe. :eek:I think I am going to go run out and dye my hair and put brown contacts in if I ever go over there.:)

Why would you think that? I heard everyone in that area loves americans :rolleyes:

Especially pretty blonde hair blue eyed ones.

Just saw this one. I don't have blue eyes, but am blonde. I lived in the Netherlands for a bit a few years ago and was on a flight from Chicago to Amsterdam VIA Amman, Jordan on Royal Jordanian Airlines. I could feel the stares so much that they were burning a hole in my head - the entire flight. Wow, was it creepy. :eek: (those were back in my skinny days...). Also had a friend (tall, thin, blonde, blue eyes...) that went to the middle east to teach English. I think she got 40 marriage proposals in the first week she was there. Like I said... creepy.

I know this thread is OLD. But, I've been to Yemen twice. I was actually born in the UAE; I we used to travel all over the middle east. I only got to see wild Veiled's once though. Also, when we were in Oman, we found a cham that looked like a dilepis; strange.

Adam

The cham in Oman is Chamaeleo arabicus. I know this is old but i couldnt resist.:)

Back
Top Bottom