been bitten!

roguekiller23231

it was quite funny when it happend, but now thinking it might be more serious then it looks as he broke the skin.

what happend was, i placed a waxworm on my hand, and my yemen chameleon is getting a little old and off target, he fired out his tongue, and insted of hitting the waxworm, he hit my hand, and insted of pulling the food towards him, he came flying towards my hand and kinda went to town trying to chomp down what he thought was the biggest wax worm in the world.

all happend within a second or too befor i pulled him off, didnt bleed at first, washed it very quickly but then started to bleed a little.
he's never shown any signs of illness and is kept very clean.

Lesson learned... lol

As long as you washed and cleaned you hand good you should be fine I would not worry about it unless it starts to look infected but I would say the chances are very slim...

Well it may be your first but might not be your last... I think anytime you deal with living creatures there is always the "chance" that some day you'll be lunch! lol.... :p

Don't worry, just put some sort of disinfectant on it and you should surive :D Any animal bite/cut can get infected but if you clean it out well and apply disinfectant the chances are greatly minimized. And then just keep and eye on it.

You're lucky you only got food bitten! At least now you know he doesn't have any calcium issues with his bones! Sometimes I let certain chameleons bite me to make sure they are in check :)

Don't worry?!? Your chameleon has got the taste of human flesh!!! He will never be the same! Run! Run!:D

Yeah, I have had this happen before, luckily I have a Senegal instead of a big ol' Veiled or Panther. :p

Yeah you keep chams or anything else long enuff and your gonna get bit eventually. Make sure you wash your hands throughly after touching anything related with your reptiles and you'll be fiine. :) Been bit too many times to count now by birds, reptiles, etc... Only one or two drew blood and actually hurt though. Most times its just a pinch.

I've lost count at this point... clean it out and put some antiiotic cream on there with a bandaid and you should be good. I remember once when i was about 10 years old, I was on a garter snake hunting kick and I suppose I wasn't particularly good at it, because I got bitten a few times. I went to the school nurse to replace a bandaid, and she asked how I "cut" myself (it was a fairly nasty bite) and I told her. She was insistent that I was lying, called my mother who confirmed what happened. She was scandalized. Go figure.

:pMy lil guy bit me once didnt hurt at all but he was only three months at the time but when he lunged at my finger it was a pretty scary moment lol

thanks for all the replys!

i never move my hand away, even when he was biting and gnawing at it. lol, i'm kinda used to him hitting my hand with his tongue, as he's been off target for a while now, just never seen him fly accorss his viv with is tongue stuck to my hand before. lol

I'd go to the doctor if your eyes start to move around independently or your tongue starts feeling really long.

Back
Top Bottom