bee pollen

NashansCamos

Chameleon Enthusiast
Bee pollen seems very underrated as its probably cheap and easy to use i'm thinking of getting some. Where should I buy it? How often should i supplement it for a panther and veiled? how heavily should I dust the insects?

thanks

I buy it on Amazon. I mix it (and spirulina) into my gutload. I also dust with it, mixed with the calcium or whatever I am using. I use 2 parts calcium 1 part pollen 1 part spirulina.

Others may do it differently. Id like to hear from others about this also.

I dust it on my gut loads along with spirulina and chlorella powder. I’m hoping that between the insect and the Chams digestive system some of the nutrition is transferred to the chameleon. Bee pollen is interesting, it shares many components in common with multivitamins, including Some fat soluble vitamins like E and D

@kinyonga shared this article previously about bell pollen
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4377380/

I dust it on my gut loads along with spirulina and chlorella powder. I’m hoping that between the insect and the Chams digestive system some of the nutrition is transferred to the chameleon. Bee pollen is interesting, it shares many components in common with multivitamins, including Some fat soluble vitamins like E and D

@kinyonga shared this article previously about bell pollen
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4377380/

Which chlorella supplement do you like? My understanding is it's very important to have one with a properly cracked cell wall? Spirulina is said to be very easily digested, I'm considering growing it myself once I have a spot for the aquarium.

Bee pollen on the other hand is apparently difficult to digest, but idk if that still Carrie's over when it is pulverized? I still use it either way. It is a pretty cool little multivitamin.

Which chlorella supplement do you like? My understanding is it's very important to have one with a properly cracked cell wall? Spirulina is said to be very easily digested, I'm considering growing it myself once I have a spot for the aquarium.

Bee pollen on the other hand is apparently difficult to digest, but idk if that still Carrie's over when it is pulverized? I still use it either way. It is a pretty cool little multivitamin.
But how do you use them?

I’m using one I purchased from some online health food place a while back. Not sure how well my shells are cracked, and wasn’t aware of this issue.

I'm with you On the bee pollen. It’s interesting, and if they can break it down and digest it then they’re taking in oral D3 that we’re supposed to be so careful with.

I would think so yes
Arcadia EarthPro-A has bee pollen in it along with added B complex vitamins, amino acids, carrot powder, and algal carotenoids. It’s a calcium carbonate/multivitamin of sorts that is recommended for daily use
ok but would the bugs eat it? isnt it just powder?

“Organic cracked cell chlorella” from nuts.com

Back
Top Bottom