Bee pollen and spirulina

MissSkittles

Chameleon Enthusiast
Finally remembered to order bee pollen and spirulina while shopping. Now the question is what do I do with them? If mixing them with bug burger, how much of each should I add? Should I add both to the same batch or do separate batches?

They'll be fine added however you want. I just toss some in and dust with both of them pretty freely. I also use a bunch of other things. Chams doing well... Idt anyone really has a clue what effect, if any, they have on chams. Spirulina is known to have some pretty crazy health benefits for people(look them up, pretty interesting) and bee pollen is basically a mini multi vitamin.

I blend them into my gutload recipe, but dusting with bee pollen sounds smart. In a full blender full of collards, bananas, papaya, dandelion, butternut squash and about a million other things, I add a tablespoon of bee pollen and spirulina respectively.

Thats not how you tag someone :ROFLMAO:

We have bee pollen granules instead of powder, as we bought them for people, originally. I mix it in with bug burger or gutload mix... or I sprinkle some on wet BSFL. It makes like a paste that sticks to them. Powder is def the way to go.

Spirulina I just eyeball. I’ll add half a capsule (maybe 1/4tsp?) to a few scoops of bug burger mix. 1-2 capsules if I make a big batch of veggie/bug burger gutload

Thats not how you tag someone :ROFLMAO:

We have bee pollen granules instead of powder, as we bought them for people, originally. I mix it in with bug burger or gutload mix... or I sprinkle some on wet BSFL. It makes like a paste that sticks to them. Powder is def the way to go.

Spirulina I just eyeball. I’ll add half a capsule (maybe 1/4tsp?) to a few scoops of bug burger mix. 1-2 capsules if I make a big batch of veggie/bug burger gutload

Granules are probably better, that's what I have. As with most things when exposed to air they degrade. So I'm guessing when bee pollen is ground down the vitamin content probably breaks down somewhat as well. Can't say for certain, but that's what common sense would tell me

Interesting, For gut loading, I've been using a mixture of Repashy bug burger, Arcadia insect fuel, and bee pollen powder.

Should I be adding Spirulina to the mix? And if so, is there a certain brand that everyone is using?

Interesting, For gut loading, I've been using a mixture of Repashy bug burger, Arcadia insect fuel, and bee pollen powder.

Should I be adding Spirulina to the mix? And if so, is there a certain brand that everyone is using?
It’s not something that a cham would get in nature like bee pollen. I‘m trying it to just boost the nutritional value of my feeders.

Back
Top Bottom