Beast our new jackson!!

hopps31

Avid Member
Thank goodness for understanding husbands, I already have 3 chameleons and I promised I was done, well...my daughter's classmate bought a chameleon with no research done at all. Well once they realized they need a variety of LIVE foods, they thought he could eat canned foods:confused: he was just to much to take care of, well they all know me as the crazy weird reptile person so they asked if I wanted him because they were going to release him in the wild:mad: yes crazy!!! So of course I fell in love instantly, my girls named him Beast even though he is super sweet, they loved his horns, they think he looks beastly:D He does have stuck shed that I am leaving for now, as not to stress him more(you can see it on his arm,face etc.) he has been showered and eating like a piggy for me:love: Here are some pictures of him, I did double, triple swear to my husband he is the last of the last....we will see:ROFLMAO:
059.JPG 063.JPG 064.JPG

Handsome fella. I want to keep Mt. Kenya Jacksons.

Thanks! You definitely should, he has been a fun little guy to get to know!! It has been a tad bit of a learning curve from my veiled and panther but in a good way:)

As long as you didn't say "cross your heart, hope to die, stick needle in your eye" I think you have a loop hole for another chameleon. Congrats to you and your new Jackson's he was lucky to find you.

Thanks, that is so nice of you! You made me laugh so hard as I actually do say that:ROFLMAO: He jokes no more, but I can sucker him into most things:D

Glad you took him in! Shame on them for thinking the answer to finding him a home was to just release him in the wild.

Thanks he is such a sweet little guy!! It is so horrible, people around here try to do it all the time:( I have taken in snakes, beardies, leopard geckos etc. that people were sick of or could not afford and were just going to release into the wild. Unfortunately there are no rescues locally to help either. I feel big chain pet stores that have sales so an animal sells for only say $20 gives people the impression that they are throw away animals, mixed with people not knowing any better(but should) makes a very sad outcome:( They told me the pet guy said he could just live in a 10 gallon tank and eat canned crickets:confused::mad:So when I got him he was in that with no lights, heat, etc. poor guy had not eaten in a little while:( They did say they sprayed him every night when they remembered:confused:He loves his morning feedings and eats like a piggy, also his daily misting sessions:) He has stole my heart already:D

Last edited:
Quick update and quick question;) Beast has been doing great, my question: He is SO picky on foods is that a Jackson thing or a him thing? I offer dubia, crickets, silkworms, hornworms, butterworms, superworms, blue bottle flies which he loved but I can’t get any of the spikes to turn anymore?? BSFL, Isopods and a few others. So variety is not a problem but he literally will not eat the same food twice in a week. He has to have something completely different each day plus he does not eat a lot compared to my other guys around the same age. My other guys act like they are starving at each feeding(they are not:D) Plus he hates eating from a cup or the feeder wall cup, all of my other guys took to it either right away or eventually but he is one stubborn little fella!! Thanks in advance and sorry this is so long!
Here is a little picture update too:)
7CF6D5D1-7CB4-4B14-AAF0-AA14ABD21183.jpeg
Don’t mind the dead plant residue on his tail, I tried to wipe it away but I got the stink eye:ROFLMAO:

Jackson's are smaller eaters compared to a lot of Chameleons. I never had a picky one but maybe I was lucky.

Where do you live that people think they can just release them?? Climate?

Jackson's are smaller eaters compared to a lot of Chameleons. I never had a picky one but maybe I was lucky.

Where do you live that people think they can just release them?? Climate?

Thanks for responding! That is great to hear about a smaller appetite in general, he is growing and doing great so I figured he must be eating the amount he needs, but when I first got him he was starving so he ate a lot so I just wanted to double check!

We live in Maine so it is winter 9 months of the year so it is definitely not any kind of chameleon climate. It was really sad to think they thought he could be released into the wild:(

Quick update and quick question;) Beast has been doing great, my question: He is SO picky on foods is that a Jackson thing or a him thing? I offer dubia, crickets, silkworms, hornworms, butterworms, superworms, blue bottle flies which he loved but I can’t get any of the spikes to turn anymore?? BSFL, Isopods and a few others. So variety is not a problem but he literally will not eat the same food twice in a week. He has to have something completely different each day plus he does not eat a lot compared to my other guys around the same age. My other guys act like they are starving at each feeding(they are not:D) Plus he hates eating from a cup or the feeder wall cup, all of my other guys took to it either right away or eventually but he is one stubborn little fella!! Thanks in advance and sorry this is so long!
Here is a little picture update too:)
View attachment 197945
Don’t mind the dead plant residue on his tail, I tried to wipe it away but I got the stink eye:ROFLMAO:
My Jax won't eat the same feeders twice in a row. If I offer crickets he'll eat a few, then I get a look like I have lost my mind to offer him crickets. That being said, he's a good eater as long as he hunts (or I can hand-feed). He will NOT eat out of a cup. He gets on the branch above his cup, eyes the feeders, then looks at me with judgement and disappointment.

Back
Top Bottom