Beardies

Here's mine (the little turd... :rolleyes:)
This is the highest he's ever climbed up his cork log. I think he's trying to hide because he just destroyed three of the plants in his enclosure, while ignoring a perfectly delectable bowl of veggies & dusted supers.

DSCN2430.JPG

Here's mine (the little turd... :rolleyes:)
This is the highest he's ever climbed up his cork log. I think he's trying to hide because he just destroyed three of the plants in his enclosure, while ignoring a perfectly delectable bowl of veggies & dusted supers.

View attachment 267083
What kind of enclosure do you have?
I have been looking at Zen enclosures, i think it is called. Not too many really good beardy enclosures out there, huh??

I have been looking at Zen enclosures, i think it is called. Not too many really good beardy enclosures out there, huh??
Zen enclosures look really nice and are big enough for a mature beardie. They are priced a bit out of what I can currently manage, so I took a chance on Repti Zoo. I have to say I’m pretty pleased with the Repti Zoo and impressed with the quality, considering it’s a Chinese company. Packaged & shipped very well and super easy to assemble.

I designed & built my own based on the basic Crossfire design (similar to Talking Serpents below). I knew I wanted a tile floor, but I didn't have access to a large enough tile saw, so I designed the enclosure around the tiles. I used baltic birch instead of standard plywood to avoid any VOC issues from pine (and because it's a better material in general), and since baltic birch comes in 5' x 5' sheets, I made the enclosure 5' long instead of 4'. Fewer cuts & less waste. It's extra tall (36") to accommodate a storage area above (which also conceals lighting & wiring).

I have some tiles (24" x 12") left over that will go on the bottom of my cham enclosure. Design-in-Progress. ?

There are quite a few 4x2x2s for beardies now.
Zen Habitats is a popular one. I know what they use and where to get most of it, but they have purchasing power I can't match.
Critter Condo
Carolina Custom Cages
Talking Serpents (Kit)
There are more, but I don't have links handy, and I see many are out of stock (corona?)

I designed & built my own based on the basic Crossfire design (similar to Talking Serpents below). I knew I wanted a tile floor, but I didn't have access to a large enough tile saw, so I designed the enclosure around the tiles. I used baltic birch instead of standard plywood to avoid any VOC issues from pine (and because it's a better material in general), and since baltic birch comes in 5' x 5' sheets, I made the enclosure 5' long instead of 4'. Fewer cuts & less waste. It's extra tall (36") to accommodate a storage area above (which also conceals lighting & wiring).

I have some tiles (24" x 12") left over that will go on the bottom of my cham enclosure. Design-in-Progress. ?

There are quite a few 4x2x2s for beardies now.
Zen Habitats is a popular one. I know what they use and where to get most of it, but they have purchasing power I can't match.
Critter Condo
Carolina Custom Cages
Talking Serpents (Kit)
There are more, but I don't have links handy, and I see many are out of stock (corona?)
Would you post a picture of your enclosure...Just to amuse me. I do not have the handy capabilities to be building my own. Lol.
Ill probably just wait a little until I can afford the zen habitat i want ?

We have 2 that are 48x24x24 and one that 68x26x34 that our 4-5 year old is in. Honestly it’s been our experience that the older they get the less active they are and so she mostly hangs out on one side. Very rarely travels the whole length of the enclosure. We’ve even adjusted temps thinking she was cold and that’s why she doesn’t go to the cooler end often. She’s just lazy. We may end up building another 4x2x2 and repurposing the larger enclosure

Back
Top Bottom