bearded dragon

THECHAMMAN

Established Member
sup ive had some expirence with herps including my veiled cham, but i was wondering about some info about the cage for the beardie and anything you think is important.

We house all our dragons in large sweater tubs. Sand in the bottom, rock for them to bask on... Spot light and a 10.0... Thats it. They are really easy... Call my wife if you want to know more. She can jab your ear off for at least an hour over the finer points of dragon care.

Kent! That is very rude! Dragons are the best thing ever and they never get old to talk about! :) haha Anyway, a 45 gallon aquarium would do okay if you want but personally I prefer the big plastic tubs WAY more. They are only about $10 at Target or Walmart. They don't capture in as much heat and the dragons seem to like the plastic tubs a lot more. I kept my very first dragons in a glass aquarium but it didn't take me long to switch b/c the plastic tubs just did a lot better. Plus, the are bigger (wider) for them to have more space. Any more questions just let me know!

I don't breed like Darci and Chad... But I have kept beardies over the years and still do. I would love to compare notes with you Darci...Just don't Jab my ear off:D...lol. If there any diferences from Darci's instruction to mine, it is not to discredit hers. I used to frequent a Forum a lot like this but geared for Beardies. That was where I learned most of my info. There are some aspects to the husbandry that can go either way.

I had never thought of tubbing the Beardies, but sounds like a great idea to me.. I recommend around a 2foot by 4foot floor space for them to run around (I believe a 45 gal long is kind of small for an adult Beardie.) I personly dont use sand, In younger beardies it can cause impaction, and it is a pain to clean. I use ceramic tile on the flooring of my cages, It allows you to get all the Beardie Doo Doo out of their daily with a damp cloth. Even if you clean the sand daily...It is impossible to get all of the fecal waste out of sand without completely cleaning out the tank. They do like to nestle into sand to sleep, But since I have no sand I throw a a towel in one corner for them. My beardies love their towels...they will wrap themselves up and go to sleep...it is soo cute. Umm...what else could I put in... I feed mine roaches and they love them. Adult Beardies should be housed alone. Always offer greens and a fresh bowl of water daily in addition to the crawling food. I'm sure there is lots more but that is a quick rundown from my end.

~Joe

k thanks... i was going to buy the 45 gal long for him for the 1st year and then get him a 100 gallon terrarium. its just ''temporary''. that should be large enough.

Back
Top Bottom