Basking with left eye closed?

I really worry about the warm bath.... This really is not advised for chams. Steam too is not advised. Hot moist air can create an RI.
Water can seem hotter to them than us as well...and you don't want to overheat/burn your chameleon.

I am just worried that your doing stuff that really is not going to help a chameleon. If it is a shed issue with the eye. the moisture is going to make it stick more. I would hate to see her get worse.

@kinyonga can you offer additional words of wisdom.
No I agree, I'm saying if you think it's bad I'll hold off. I was just doing research and I found posts from 2015 regarding female ambilobe panther chameleons on this forum, with people who had experienced the same issue, and they had given either a short bath or a steam to help release the unshed skin. I did the bath because it seemed like she had dry or unshed skin around that eye, granted it could be residue from the drops. So I guess the information since 2015 has changed?

https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/ambilobe-panther-eye-infection-need-help.140338/

Water can seem hotter to them than us as well...and you don't want to overheat/burn your chameleon.
Yes that is why I made sure it was cold to me, she has no burns on her exterior, it was also a very short bath, obviously chameleons don't like to stay in water. She chilled in the water for a minute and started climbing out, so I helped her out and put her in her cage to bask and dry off.

No I agree, I'm saying if you think it's bad I'll hold off. I was just doing research and I found posts from 2015 regarding female ambilobe panther chameleons on this forum, with people who had experienced the same issue, and they had given either a short bath or a steam to help release the unshed skin. I did the bath because it seemed like she had dry or unshed skin around that eye, granted it could be residue from the drops. So I guess the information since 2015 has changed?

https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/ambilobe-panther-eye-infection-need-help.140338/
Yeah a lot has changed in the last 5 years. Some of the older threads are awesome but some you really want to double check first.

Yeah a lot has changed in the last 5 years. Some of the older threads are awesome but some you really want to double check first.
Noted, I mean she's legit fine right now so I think we're good but I don't plan on bathing her again I suppose I can just spray some water on the impacted areas if needed. I just had figured some steam or water might help to release the stuck flesh.

Still having this issue off and on. The eye drops help but not fully, it looks like her eye on the outside may have some shed on it, so I gave her a warm bath hoping maybe that would help release some skin. I have a vet appointment still for next month for fecals to find out if it's parasitic in nature, will be giving vitamin a again this sunday. She's still drinking and eating and alert. The bath is the only thing I haven't tried at this point. I'll probably take a steamy shower later and I'll bring her in there and put her on a rack or something for her to hang out in there, maybe bring one of her pothos plants in there. I figure the steam might help to ease any irritation on the eye, I'll let everyone know if I happen to have any luck with that. It's really off and on, she'll have it open sometimes, like if she needs to use the eye, but then closes. Maybe she's dehydrated? She doesn't seem to like her dripper and prefers to drink from mistings, but my concern is she doesnt drink much during mistings, I think maybe I should be more proactive in making sure she's drinking enough water, so I'm going to switch to watering her by hand, she tends to allow me to hold her, and I gave her water in this way yesterday while holding her, she drank her fill. So with gutloading and supplements addressed, steam/warm bath to help release any stuck shed, and eye drops. If none of this fixes it I'm willing to bet it's parasitic in nature. I'm anxiously awaiting this upcoming vet visit next month.
For clarity i meant warm bath for her, i know lukewarm is like 98, so I tried to guess about 80 degrees the best I could, it felt like it was under my skin temp. Not trying to make chameleon soup. Sorry for any raised eyebrows.

Back
Top Bottom