Basking temperature

I just want to confirm it is right. I got Kimi my female Veiled Chameleon her new reptibreeze xl Enclosure. It says on the caresheet for Veiled Chameleon that the baskingspot for females should be 85f. My little girl is nearly 5 month right now. I just want to confirm that this is right. Reading a lot about them and there are some mix information out there. So I want to double check.

First off congratulations on your new Girl!

Are you using a heat gun or just in tank thermometers to measure? Is your baby girl moving around for thermoregulation or possibly staying at the very closest possible location to the heat source if so you may not be creating a heat gradient that is appropriate. Unfortunately I cannot give you a exact temp but you can definitely trouble shoot it a bit by adding hides and more foliage to create micro climate in the enclosure. or perhaps by changing the heat gradient by increasing the distance to the light (reducing temps ) or providing a slightly higher vine or place to post up. (Higher temp) One thing to avoid is burns if she can get too close to the heat source.

First off congratulations on your new Girl!

Are you using a heat gun or just in tank thermometers to measure? Is your baby girl moving around for thermoregulation or possibly staying at the very closest possible location to the heat source if so you may not be creating a heat gradient that is appropriate. Unfortunately I cannot give you a exact temp but you can definitely trouble shoot it a bit by adding hides and more foliage to create micro climate in the enclosure. or perhaps by changing the heat gradient by increasing the distance to the light (reducing temps ) or providing a slightly higher vine or place to post up. (Higher temp) One thing to avoid is burns if she can get too close to the heat source.
Thank you for your reply. I use heat gun to measure the temps. Kimi is a girl. She is active through out the day, exploring. The basking temp is 85f and I was reading in the caresheet for under 9 month and when older for the female Veiled charm that’s the perfect temp. I read a lot about them and there are some people who say 90-95f is best. I just want to make sure 85f is correct. Thank you

Below is info pulled directly from the forum caresheet found here: https://www.chameleonforums.com/care/caresheets/veiled/

"Baby/juvenile (<9 months): ambient 72-80F (22-26C), basking 85F (29C)
Adult males: ambient 75-80F (23-26C), basking 90-95F (32-35C)
Adult females: ambient 75-80F (23-26C), basking 85F (29C)"
Yes I had seen that than you. So 85f which her basking spot is at is right then. Just wanted to make 100% sure. Thank you

Back
Top Bottom