basking sideways

lysinlight87

Hi,

My chameleon has been basking sideways on his branch. Literally clinging to the side of the branch lol. I was wondering if this is normal behaviour? I thought he could be doing it to maximize the surface area exposed to his heat bulb.

Hopefully, here's a pic anyways :)

Attachments

• New Forest-20120708-00300.jpg
    New Forest-20120708-00300.jpg
    209.9 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:
He probably is a little scared- he's a bit camera shy!
But he sits like this for a good hour so I think he's basking too. Whatever makes him happy lol

they know what they need, and if they bask for a long time then they are digesting their food and probably enjoying the warmth at the same time.

I kinda wonder if I'll ever stop finding something to worry about when it comes to Neelix. I certainly don't dedicate this degree of worry to my other 7 pets!

I kinda wonder if I'll ever stop finding something to worry about when it comes to Neelix. I certainly don't dedicate this degree of worry to my other 7 pets!

Our chams are delicate creatures. Your worry will soon become wisdom. Your wisdom will soon become addiction.:)

I think I'm already addicted! He fascinates me all day long. Though, considering how delicate they are, I've decided that I won't get another at the mo, i'll just have 1 at time. I had a suitable cage for pygmys so it was tempting, but I gave it to a friend. & my partner may have objected (I've already turned his house into a petting zoo). I've also found a breeder with some beautiful panthers...must resist!
4 of my other pets are mammals, so don't need such specific environments. My axolotls are no more challenging in terms of husbandry than goldfish, & if they lose a leg (or even a potion of their brain!) they can regenerate it. The only challenge they present is stopping them morphing into salamanders & if you look after them properly, that rarely happens.

lol awww, I've never played pokemon on a games console, maybe I'll look for psp game. LOVED the cartoon & collecting the cards- the cards were amazing lol. They actually got banned from my school... (about 10 yrs ago!)

he is trying to hide when he does that. my cham does that when someone he does really know or like comes in. or when i play peek-a-boo with him.
when he isnt all the way on the side he is just warming up more of him faster.

its just when he is all the way on the other side of the branch that u are on is when he is trying to hide

Back
Top Bottom